Snow this weekend!

witzend

Here in the Pacific NW in the Valley it's unusual to get snow at all in the winter. This year we have had snow several times. It is supposed to snow/ice pellets on the valley floor this weekend!

:surprise:

husband and I planted grass seed four weekends ago before we went to Mexico thinking that all the bare spots from the dogs would be sprouting by the time we got back. Nope. We've got muddy bare spots with seeds in it now. What the heck?

susiestar

Roll With It
WOW!!! We have had strange weather this year too. I hope that your grass finally grows after the snow/ice melts! Here in OK we are several inches above the normal rain for the year. As we usually are in drought, it is a change. But no one knows what to do with it. There are a few wheat fields that probably could grow rice!

witzend

You guys seriously need that rain, Susie. We had a really lame summer last year, and I'm hoping that it won't be the same this summer. I think we really had only 10 - 12 days that were sunny and warm last summer. The rest were cool and drizzly. It's just too much when it rains all winter, too.

Star*

call 911........call 911
WELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL Don't YOU just get ALL the good vacations?

First you go to (wherever that was)
Then you went to (That HOT guy place on the boat)
NOW you get SNOW.....and you want ME to feel bad for you?

pft.......

A last chance to have a glass of wine by the fire in April - and beautiful cleansing, white, perfect snow.....lovely crisp, cool, no two flakes are alike (thank unowho for that - the world could not handle 2 yous or mees)

and - your grass dear? It will just lie dormant. Whenever you do get a Spring - it will burst to life!

Be safe -

OH AND FYI?????? I'm cutting IRisis for my vase (pronounced like vahze) and I already mowed my yard and have the sprinklers on because I have GREEN (brown really) but GREEN grass!!! We've already put on the Scotts turf builder and ant killer and weed killer - and the ants moved to a huge I mean 2'high x 4' wide mound in the field, the weeds have NEVER looked healthier and I'm not sure if it's all the water or the crapola in the bag that made the grass green - but none the less it was not worth $50 a bag. We're writing Scotts a nice letter with pictures of our PRETTY weeds - they loved the stuff.

tiredmommy

Ugh. I feel for you being from the Great Lakes region of the country. Unfortunately, I'm way too familiar with spring snow.

Abbey

Spork Queen
There's a reason I live in the Southern part of the nation...I've had my fill of snow after 20+ years in the North. People either love it or hate it. I'm in the hate category. I'll take a 100 degree day any day over snow.

But...you enjoy!!

Abbey

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Well it is still snowing here as well... everything is dormant!!! The poor little plants and bulbs are SO confused.
7 months straight of snow!!! We have broken every record... oh and it has even confused our poor little young Moose... she is still out back lurking. I am thinking about putting a leash on her and keeping her!!!
Yes, hot cocoa, glass of wine... watching the snow flakes.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I hope your Spring isn't delayed too long.

I've enjoyed taking walks with the kids, the grands, and the dogs. Our world is in bloom. Flowering trees, daffodils and tulips bursting open with color (in my yard too!) green grass.

Lovely. And I'm enjoying every darn moment. lol