Snow update

Abbey

Spork Queen
We're at 8 inches of new snow (this tops the 18" we already had) with an inch an hour still accumulating. Supposed to snow into the evening. That should be great. :sad-very: Evidently Oshkosh is in a 'band' of weather where cities North or South of us only have about 3" and is tapering off.

I'm most upset about having to cancel a doctor's appointment. Actually, they cancelled.

Abbey

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Break out the shovel and snow shoes! Better yet, stay inside brew a hot cup of your favorit beverage and put on an old movie :D

I wish we could have snow days, but then, that's because we never have them here!

Wiped Out

Staff member
Abbey,
I just got done shoveling for over an hour. So far we're at 8.8 inches and it's still coming down. I wish our snowblower worked. husband and I both shoveled so if I had to do it by myself it would have taken 2 hours. I know there will be more rounds to come. Tomorrow we leave for Michigan and while we're gone it's suppose to snow each day. Should be fun to shovel when we get back-not!

Jena

we're still waiting here in new york. they were saying it would start last night, yet we woke up and nothing. difficult child was so excited she couldn't sleep. it's just starting to snow now very very lightly though.

i bet we get nothing here, i'm on the south shore.

Abbey

Spork Queen
I'm not shoveling jack squat while it's still coming down this heavy. What's the point? We're supposed to have another storm in 2 days. I was just watching the news and the news anchor was glad to report they only have 111 cars/semis in the ditches that they know of. Yeah...good day.

Wait, that could be my positive post of the day!

Abbey

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Jennifer, I remember as a kid on LI always feeling so lucky that we got way more snow than the south shore! Now that I live in CT, in the western mountains no less, I sure do wish for less snow!!

I am looking forward to being a little housebound tomorrow morning though...I can get some major baking done! I went out last night and bought all my ingredients. I'm so excited.

Shoveling? What's that? Everytime I shovel I pull my back out so H does all the shoveling. He even shovels a path for the little doggies to go do "their business" - lol:D

tiredmommy

Our snow started around 8am, we've got about 3 inches so far with the worst yet to come. Keep a good thought for Duckie... her school is doing an early dismissal and she's on a school bus right now.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Well Abbey if you had the "Wovel" you would *Wove* to wovel the snow wight now....
It makes shoveling *fun* and *exciting* even during *record breaking snowfall*
OK maybe it didn't claim all of that...
But you really *need* this. Honestly!
http://www.wovel.com/

When we lived in NW Indiana I kept sending husband links to this and saying I *needed* it...

Jena

heather i'll give you some of our snow!! wow it's beautiful and really comign down!! I can't wait to have a snowball fight with difficult child when she gets out! I love snow..........love it!!! and i get to use the 4x4 thingy in my truck for the first time.

Jo - i know, south shore nothing, yet today something. its really coming down. I was looking forward to baking as well tmrw yet it winds up difficult child has 3 hour play practice tmrw. ugh. i'm hoping they cancel so i can stay home, bake with difficult child, eat alot and build a snowman. yup snow i'm like a little kid. :)

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I want snow!

We're just getting rain. :2dissapointed:

That's us, too (except for up a little higher -- the local mountains are dusted and the resorts a bit farther away are loaded). We got drenched on Monday, then Wednesday it rained ALL day and night without a break. It's sunny today, though, but cold (for us). We're getting more rain next week, and likely for Christmas Eve (which I'm dreading because we have a 100 mile trip each way that night).

Abbey

Spork Queen
Toto...the Wovel looks great. It's still snowing but has lightened a bit. Just checked, we're at 14 inches. Snow banks at 2 feet. I'm not going out. Too sick. mother in law brought over some cold medications. I'll be out soon, as in sleeping.

Jen...I'd throw a snowball at you just for loving the snow.;)

Abbey

Jena

Abbey you wouldnt' be able to yell though............so i'm thinkin thats kinda cool!! JK

Ok i'm running out side in my pajamas, yup im in my pajamas today :) to go measure it, update in a minute...............i sooo should of been a weather person

Critter Lover

77 degrees here today.....expecting temps to get near 80's this weekend
and as you guess no snow....LOL. The last time Florida had snow was 1977 which was a slight dusting and it did not last till noon.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
It only started about an hour ago, but we're up over an inch already! The reports say to expect 2" per hour and it's supposed to go into the night.

Our office is closing now so I get to go home and start my baking now - yippee!!

Jena

should be fun to see what happens, this storm is big i just checked my radar. weird thing there's another front coming from atlantic that is all hail and rain......hmmmm

Steely

difficult child is ID and they are getting about 6-12 inches a day since Wed. I am SO jealous. Really, toto, I am!!!! I love the snow. difficult child better be out there playing in it for me. It is 65 here, I have the windows open, and the sun is shining brightly.:sick:
I want snow!

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I am a weather junkie!!! I watch the Idaho weather and the general weather non-stop!
husband said you friend up in Oshkosh is in trouble!!! I started laughing... I then told him, "Well I told her to get a Wovel!"
I miss the snow. :(
I would help you shovel Abbey.