So apparently my question has been answered. Not a good day.

GwenM

Just got a phone call from husband's mother. She seemed very upset about something that happened with difficult child when he was at her home today. She said she doesn't want him in her house anymore, but refused to discuss details over the phone. She said she will talk to us about it in the morning. I wonder what he has done now.

buddy

OH gosh, I HATE when my gut says something is wrong, I have a little confirmation and can only imagine the worst. Will HE tell you? My son nearly always tells on himself especially when I say, well I got a call....and leave it open ended. If I have no clue by the end of the day he typically tells me while he is processing his day--like when he is in bed winding down.

SOOOO hard.

Did you check the attachment sites? Bio mom left when he was early childhood, chances are there were issues before she left, right??? may be a piece of the puzzle here...

GwenM

He won't tell us. He denies everything. Even if you see him doing it, he says he didn't. Bio-mom left when he was two. He doesn't even remember when she was around.

buddy

Yeah, that sneaky/crazy lying is another thing listed for Reactive Attachment Disorder (RAD).... kids who have disruptions in their primary care provider are MOST hurt when the disruption happens between birth and three. Clearly they dont usually consciously remember the person, they only have the interruption of that most strong of bonds that kids need to develop a whole personality, trusting and knowing they are not alone to fight in the world. Kids who have disruptions after early childhood definitely can develop trust issues and attachment challenges too but they have a better prognosis because our wiring is developed for being able to bond and care for others in the first few years of life.

B

Bunny

I'm sorry that you're going through this. And I hate when someone calls you and tells you that it was a bad day with him, but then refuses to tell you what happened!!! That just makes my mind run in all kinds of crazy directions.

GwenM

Bunny,
It is very frustrating. I said in my earlier post that I wasn't sure if it had been a good day or not because he had taken off as soon as he got home. I had this gut feeling he had been up to something, and his grandmother just confirmed that. But I still have no idea what he did.

GwenM

She came over this morning, and said that he had walked in to her house and snatched her remote from hand. she took it back, and he snatched it again. She asked him to leave and he told her to shut up and started cussing at her. His grandfather came in and told him to leave, and he left.

buddy

She came over this morning, and said that he had walked in to her house and snatched her remote from hand. she took it back, and he snatched it again. She asked him to leave and he told her to shut up and started cussing at her. His grandfather came in and told him to leave, and he left.
OH, that was anti-climatic... is that awful for me to say??? I mean, it is really not OK for a kid to act like that to a grandma or anyone but on the scale of things....(I guess my reality is skewed too, I had virtually this same scene this morning. He twice grabbed the remote and I unplugged the TV. He had a nice LONG break from it)

I guess it is all relative. I was worried he stole something valuable, damaged something, hurt her, etc. Again, not saying his behavior is ok, just .....................................................................

GwenM

Yeah, I know. She has a tendency to blow things out of proportion. But I still feel that it is best if he doesn't go over there anymore.

buddy

Yeah, I know. She has a tendency to blow things out of proportion. But I still feel that it is best if he doesn't go over there anymore.

I dont have my son go to even my sisters' houses much... they try but still I just get stressed thinking I will get a call or have to hear either the kids or the adults "tell" on him... just not worth it for me most of the time.