So Cal/So TX members? Get Cheap Gas

witzend

If you live in So Cal or Southern, and you have a passport, you might consider getting your car gassed up across the border. It's $2.56 a gallon.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Wow! Too bad it would cost me a tank to get there and back!

That's just outrageous. Do you smell price gouging?

mom_in_training

Cost me a tank too.... I heard a few weeks back that truckers fuel up there. They can do this so long as they have a permit and are saving tons. You know I wonder why it is that we are all suffering as consumers but yet nobody is doing anything about it. Nobody is taking a stance. Thanks for thinking of us here in Ca. I hear that the prices are all hitting the $4.00 mark just about in every state. We here in Ca are already past that. $4.41 right around the corner from me and I think the cheapest is $4.32 for the lowest grade. Yikes!!!!!!!

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Thinking ROAD TRIP with a tanker.......

Kills me to think of gas prices at $4 /gal. they are even predicting $5.50 by end of summer......ick.......gotta get a moped....

DammitJanet

We just hit 4 bucks here in NC. I almost choked.

I know some of us here are old enough to remember the gas shortages and rationing of the 70s. We would have died if someone had told us back then that in 30 years we would be paying $3.50 more a gallon for that same gas!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Yeah Janet, I remember selling sodas and donuts to people in line at the gas station by my house during that gas crisis! It was crazy stuff. I think it's starting to affect people in a much broader psychological way -- just this past weekend in L.A. there were TWELVE homicides. A detective said it could've been a number of factors, including the fact that many people feel like they are trapped at home, so tensions build. Things may get really ugly before it gets better...