So Depressed

F

flutterbee

Star -

You know when DF kicks the bucket and goes to heaven, there's gonna be squirrels up there with shotguns waiting on him. Squirrels have a heaven, too.

Just sayin'....

I used to tell my ex the same thing - only about deer. He was soooo excited when we started dating cause I had a 4wd Explorer and he was imaging all kinds of places he could go hunting with it. Til I told him that there would be NO deer - dead or otherwise - in, on or under my truck.

So, he settled for fishing. Every single day. And every time we crossed a body of water he'd look at it and tell me what lures he'd be using with the amount of sun and the color of the water. I'm pretty sure he thought I was listening, too. He also wanted me to watch the fishing shows with him. I'd rather stick hot needles in my eyes. So I read. And he'd point things out to me and I'd reply, 'Mmm-hmmm. Fascinating.' And go back to my book. I did make him get a bucket, though. He used to string the fish by poking a hole in their bottom lip - said it was less cruel than going through the gills. Didn't convince me. So, he got one of those buckets that you hang in the water to keep the fish you caught in.

And he actually thought he was going to teach me how to clean fish. Funny man.

F

flutterbee

MB -

I wanted to add that I'm glad you were finally able to open up. Just reaching out for support can be very therapeutic. It helps to know that you're not alone in this and that others have been where you are. It takes a lot of courage to open up and bare your soul in that manner. I hope you were able to find some comfort in it.

(((((hugs)))))

susiestar

Roll With It
MB,

Glad you were able to open up. The amount on your bills sounds very inflated. From what I see with our medical bills the doctor or whoever bills one amount. Then insurance (if youhave it) or medicaid says No, I will pay this amount. Then they do this a few more times. Then there is a bill that is more accurate.

It is very hard to face all this when you are ill. Recovering still qualifies, I KNOW!! If you are paying even a small amount (here I think it is $5 per month) on the bill, then they cannotsue you. they just have to wait.

The person who answers phones or is in the outer office generally will not know anything about what adjustments can be made.

It takes someone a bit higher up to handle the bill if you simply cannot pay. It stinks to have to ask for help, but they should knock that ginormous bill WAAYY down.

Sending hugs and gentle prayers for a happier Meowbunny!!!

The hospital has a social worker or somesuch to help you. And if you go to the medicaid office thay WILL help you.

But get that cash OUT of the bank before someone comes in and garnishes it.

Hugs,

Susie