So, did you guys feel it?

Dreamer? SLSH? Any other fellow Illinoisans?

Did you FEEL the earth shake a couple hours ago, when I fell on my big fat gulo?

Walking through the parking lot, did not see the rut right behind the parking block. My ankle twisted and down I went. Hard. Shoe went flying, contents of purse spilling everywhere. Landed right on the parking block. My knee is a mess, my hands are a mess, and I really screwed up my back.

A very kind gentleman (whom I had just smiled at before taking a spill) ran over to help me. Poor guy, he offered me his hand to help me up, and I almost pulled him down with me.

SO embarrassed. And now, so sore. Gonna go lay down now.

:badmood:

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
BBK

Do you know any of the other areas of Illinois that may have been affected??

My family is there, and I can't get my Mom on the phone to check on her. Central Illinois. Decatur to be exact.

Wowsers! It was big enough to make you fall down! Sheesh. I hope you're ok.

I remember another that hit back when I was in about the 6th grade. Rattled all the dishes and such, but not strong enough to make someone fall.

Hugs

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Didn't feel the earth move (unlike Carole King) but did find a shoe in my front yard....what size are you?

Was this at a mall or store.....sounds like a lawsuit......or at least a comfortable settlement!

JJJ

Lisa, I think you missed the joke. She was implying that she caused the earth to shake when she fell. I think your family is alright

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I am going to come over to Illinois and slap that silly remark out of your mouth little lady!!! Your Heiny is not that big... did you get the guy's 7 digits???
I just called Raoul and he said he is coming over with an ice pack and "Pain Relief"... for dear Miss BBK!!!

I am sorry you fell, those are the ones that creep up on you... you keep finding new ouchies days later!!!
Are you sure there was NO ONE or any thing around that "MADE" you fall... wink wink... some one to sue!!! JK, A crack in the pavement!!!
rest up...

4sumrzn

The only way I'll agree to say I felt it is if you say you felt it a couple months ago when I took a dive in the store parking lot!!! Did ya???? I'm sure you did. Face plant right over the 3 year old that was being some sort of jumping bean & stepped on my foot.......down I went. I must say....I feel for you:angry-very:. I had blood, scrapes, bruises & ouchies that showed up day after day.......showed me how old I'm getting! I sure hope you found a way to "shake it off".....find your shoe that WhymeMom has & put a big smile on your face!!!!!

Lisa, bless your heart...yes, it was a joke, that I was the cause of the earth shaking.

Totoro, you know...it was a pretty big rut that I stepped in. And the clerk saw the whole thing. Young gal. I know she had not a clue what so say. But it was in a strip mall. Can't quite pin the blame on any one store.

Let me tell you, I really did a number on my back. And I have bruises on the heels of my hands (they look lovely) and one on my boob (even better!)

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Well, that joke went ZIP right over my head, now didn't it. :rofl:

:916blusher::bag:

I'm glad I didn't catch my Mom. lol I could hear her now. lol

BBK, with a strip mall there is an owner of the actual strip mall. The stores only rent. Owner is responsible for repairs ect.

Sounds like you really did take quite a fall. Baby yourself.

((hugs))

LOL, my boob hit the parking block before my hands hit the pavement. If I was a foot back, it would have been my face, so for that, I am thankful.

But it is black and blue, and there is a big lump. Sleeping ought to be interesting tonight.

busywend

Sorry for your pain and discomfort. I fell back in January, and it is still fresh in my mind the pain and aches that result. Get a really good ice pack and keep it rotating from freezer to you every 20 minutes. Oh and IBUPROFREN!!

SRL

:holymoly:Wow, that was some fall!!! 4:40 am and I just felt what had to be a rare midwestern earthquake. I haven't experienced one of those in years.

SRL

Yup, magnitude 5.4. Thank goodness the cat woke me up and I went to bathroom right before or you'd really have been in trouble.
Cats must have a way of knowing these things.

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Did you fall down again?

An earthquake struck southern Illinois early Friday.
The quake measured 5.4 on the Richter scale, and was centered 19 miles south-southeast of Olney, Ill., or 41 miles north-northwest of Evansville, according to the National Earthquake Information Center in Golden, Colo.

Have you thought about going into predicting Earthquakes?

Lothlorien

Yeah, I woke up this morning and thought....oh, BBK was just joking....there really was an earthquake.

So, you didn't know?

I guess you really did cause the quake, you and your big butt and boob!

MrsMcNear46

I live just outside of St. Louis and we really felt it. I too thought, oh no, BBK fell down again LOL!!!

Really, woke me up, bed was shaking like you put quarters in it. I could hear dogs howling outside. Freaked me out, thought I was dreaming or crazy!! easy child is afraid we will have aftershocks.

Stange sensation that's for sure.

Julie