So disappointed in myself

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
Since I have gotten the new job I have become the most scatterbrained creature on earth. To the point at work I made a joke about a butterfly can fly past and I am distracted. It never you used to be like that. Well one of the interns noticed as it happened and said oh was that another butterfly. Then husband said it too. So obviously I am not the only one noticing it.

The last couple of days there have been grad parties for some kids we know (obviously not kids we don't know). Well I totally messed up which days they were. I missed genealogy after talking about it just hours before. Paperwork isn't getting done. I don't know what the heck is up.

I used to be the one that organized a family of 5 and didn't bat an eye. Why is it that because work is so disorganized (I walked into a bad mess) it is making the rest of my life that way? I used to be focused and organized. I want that back.

Now I have to get the cards to the kids for their grads since we missed the parties. Not that they will particullarly care but I do.

beth

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Any chance of a vit deficiency? I have b6 and folic acid anemia and if I don't take them my brain goes to mush. Can't remember squat. Seriously. It's embarrassing.

Maybe it's time for a check up with fam doctor.

Lothlorien

I was thinking vitamin deficiency too. Are you taking the Omegas? If not, try the Omega 3, 6, and 9 combo for a week or so and see if that helps. Talk to your doctor and your local Health food/Vitamin Guru (not a chain vitamin place, but go to someone who is really knowledgeable in vitamins).

If it's perimenapausal related (don't hit me!) you may want to try Estroven. Do you have any symptoms? I started getting symptoms right around 37.

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
Ok I can see the vitamin thing maybe. The problem with the dr is I don't have a regular dr. I don't have insurance so if I go I have to pay out the nose. And the only clinic we have here is for things like flu cold etc.

I don't know of anywhere to go for vitamins except wal mart. I am not sure we even have a chain store.

What signs am I looking for on the perimenopause thing? Aside from scatterbrainitis.

Ugh.

beth

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Beth since you don't have insurance here's what you can try first. Go get a good multi vitamin made for women and double check to make sure the Omegas are in it. I use Nature Made and it's sold at wallie world. You can also go to their website and get a sample for free. A whole bottle by the way, not just a few. So you can try them at no loss and see if they help. (if they still do it) Just do a google search.

I dunno about the Omega's myself as I'm concentrating in another area. My kidneys don't absorb the b6 and folic acid so I have to take mega doses to compensate so I get what my body needs. Hoovers.

Hugs

Lothlorien

Here's a link to 35 symptoms of perimenopause.

http://www.project-aware.org/Experience/symptoms.shtml

Google Vitamin Shop or Health Food Store with your county and see if some come up. You can call and discuss the problems on the phone and you'll get a feel if it's worth traveling to that store or not, if the person is knowledgeable and helpful. Do you have a Whole Foods near you? They are helpful and have a good selection. The vitamins may cost you a little more, but they are usually made in a way for optimum absorbtion.

klmno

A check-up is a good idea, however I've noticed that sometimes just be stressed, tired, or over-loaded can cause this, too. In the meantime, lists work well!

Star*

call 911........call 911
Beth,

Do you suppose that on a subconscious level - you don't WANT to do this job? I mean I know you volunteered and then they put the job up - someone else was given the position and she could NOT handle it so they called you (If I remember correctly - oh look a squirrel....by that butterfly).

Maybe on some subconscious level - you're angry about that and it lumps over into this job?

Mental-pause effects all women at some point - but since no one mentioned this yet and I seem to have a weird perspective on stuff I thought I'd throw it in for consideration......

It's almost like - a cat - a cat has a house all to itself. Then it goes in to be neutered. While the cat is at the vets the kids bring another kitten home and it uses the main cats food bowls, bed, toys, litterbox - and when the big cat comes back - it's a little more than miffed. IT takes time for the main cat to get back in order the things it had the WAY it had before the kitten came in and messed everything up.

Make any sense?

I think once you get things back to YOUR WAY.......all the way - this distraction will go away.

Just a thought.