.....and help Nichole out of a tight jam? Or do I wait and see? Poor Nichole has NOT had the best week. And I truely feel for her. She's put in applications all over town and hasn't had one call back. Yesterday she was all excited about taking her driving test. (she's been practicing for a couple of months) Only to find out after sister in law drove her two hours away, and she missed a class, that the idiot who filled out her paperwork for the permit forgot to write down that she'd taken and passed the written exam. So they wouldn't let her take the test, nor give her the written exam since they would be closing shortly. Ugh Today, Nichole checks on her school loans for the spring quarter. She was told it appears she only has 600 dollars left that is available to her. Nowhere near enough to cover the cost of her classes and her books. (this is because she took classes last summer) Surprisingly, she's taking it all fairly well. She's worrying, but not moody. Which is saying alot because under the same circumstances, I know I'd be in a most foul mood. lol Now this girl is sitting here with a car with no title in her name, no insurance, no license, no job to pay for it, and no money to go to school next quarter. Because of the job situation, I've been letting Nichole do extra work around here to earn money for the title and maybe a couple of months insurance til she can get hired somewhere. That's once I'm going against my own rules and beliefs. But she's been trying so hard that I didn't want to see her schooling messed up just because no one is calling her for an interview. The Financial Aide person at the college told Nichole not to panic til all the paperwork arrived. She just might qualify for something that's just enough to help cover the cost. (but neither of us are betting on it) She didn't ask me for money for school. The thought hasn't occured to her. Now, here's the lowdown. Nichole knew that because she had classes in the summer she'd come up short this spring in financial aid. She was supposed to save her loan refunds to cover that cost. boyfriend was holding the money in his bank account for her. The money has been spent. And while it was being spent, mostly by boyfriend, Nichole was assuring me that he was going to cover her spring quarter. So, naturally I asked Nichole if boyfriend was going to pay for it. She said no. He doesn't have the money. Pardon me while I barf. If Tightwad doesn't have the money, I'm a glamour model in disguise! Then she tells me that he didn't spend the money, she just said he did. And she covers for him all of the time like this. So then, of course, I don't know which version to believe. So, do I let Miss Gullable learn a valuable, but painful lesson about Mr. Tightwad? Or do I go against everything I believe and try to scrounge up enough money to cover her cost next quarter? And no, I won't expect to be paid back because this is Nichole we're talking about. (so it would be a gift) Meanwhile, I haven't mentioned this at all to her as the whole thing may be moot. I have my loan refund, which was quite a bit. BUT it is for doctor visits for me that I'm not giving up. I was thinking maybe with the tax return. But then husband feeds me some bull story about how MO is taking our taxes again for back "support". (not support, but to pay off ex's welfare dept. Support has been paid in full) Since I'm not my daughter, and all of this has put ME in a foul mood, I blow up at husband. Primarily because we always get an official letter before something like this, and we've seen nothing from MO in years. husband suddenly back peddles and says Well, maybe not all of the return. Well, now I'm pretty darn sure I just caught him in a bold faced lie. (this is what he does when he lies) And I reminded him that 1 we haven't received notice, and 2 they never just take "some" it's all or nothing. And then he back peddles again and says he's not sure they're gonna take it. Good Lord, I swear, he thinks I have the brain of a pea, and that I haven't delt with this **** for the past 25 yrs!! So, now I don't know what's up with the tax return. Which means til I do, I couldn't make an offer if I wanted to. (this lil mess will be cleared up tomorrow, or else!) Odds are, I'll wind up letting the chips fall. But some input would be nice. And also, while I'm at it, I don't know whether to continue to let her earn money for the insurance when she might not be going to school afterall. (which was the whole point of it) UGH. It has NOT been a good week around here.