So easy child brought a little something special back from Africa...NOT

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Ew, ew, ew, ew! Ringworm!

I just bought some Fungal liquid last night to treat nail fungus and it says on the box it will also treat ringworm so easy child started using it tonight. She stripped her bed and put everything in the washer. Gross.

She just called me-she went to the walkin clinic and they confirmed it is ringworm and told her to use the stuff I gave her and if it's not improved after a week to come back for an antibiotic.

Gross.

Last edited:

LittleDudesMom

Let me tell you, it's easier to get rid of than lice! There's always a silver lining! My easy child had it twice in elementary school (ringworm).

Sharon

I don't have any experience with ringworm but I can tell you that getting rid of lice is the absolute pitts! difficult child 1 had lice in the third grade and I'll never forget the experience. To this day, it makes me shudder. It took months to get rid of them.

Hoping the otc treatment takes care of it! SFR

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Both girls caught lice from their daycare when they were little. Talk about being treated as a leper, lol...they were so difficult to get rid of!

The ringworm should be easy I hope!

P

PatriotsGirl

My daughter had it once when she was little - we used Tinactin and it cleared right up.

muttmeister

I don't know about the African variety but my kids (and I when I was little) had ringworm several times and it was no problem to get rid of. Just about any anti-fungal (anything for athlete's foot or jock itch) will take care of it.

TerryJ2

Oh, dear. No swimming for a while.
Lots of antifungals out there. If one doesn't work, another one will.