So how did everyone's 3 day wknd go?

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by Lothlorien, May 26, 2009.

  1. Lothlorien

    Lothlorien Active Member Staff Member

    We got a lot done around the house. I planted the garden. Yes, me. I have never done this. husband always does it, but I got up at 7 on a Saturday (faint) and was finished planting at 9:15 am. I am so darn proud of myself!

    Then I proceeded to go through the closets of my two and got rid of the no-fit clothes and put all the winter stuff away, changing over to summer.

    I got very caught up on laundry, which always seems to be overwhelmingly flowing out of the laundry room.

    We got the pool going and mulch is done in the front of the house.

    Thank goodness for the prednisone I'm on for the sinus thing. I doubt I would have ever gotten all that done.

    Kids were okay. Missy had a so-so day yesterday, but she took a nap and was a lot better. The rest of the wknd went well.

    How about all of you?
  2. Star*

    Star* call 911

    remind me again when we get three days off in a row - I want to work, at work. ugh.
  3. goldenguru

    goldenguru Active Member

    Wow - you must have chugged a few Red Bulls' Loth. :0 Sounds like you were super woman.

    Me? I got the veggie garden in. Planted 2 flats of annual flowers. Hopefully they don't get frosted. Geesh I wish it would warm up in my neck of the woods.
  4. Lothlorien

    Lothlorien Active Member Staff Member

    GG, after having a 85 degree wknd, it is now about 55 degrees, here. Go figure. At least my kids got to go in the pool for a little while, yesterday. It doesn't look like it's going to warm up again till the end of the week, here.
  5. AnnieO

    AnnieO Shooting from the Hip

    I got a lot of sleep, and helped my Mom on the Relay For Life stuff. Normal laundry... But nothing else!
  6. hearts and roses

    hearts and roses Mind Reader

    I have just been in agonizing pain for weeks now and it was heightened over the long weekend. The inflammation and achiness is just overwhelming. I've never experienced anything like this before, I was nearly in tears first thing in the morning - so hard to stand on my own feet. It took me 3 days to get my garden papered and planted - with a lot of help from H. Usually I can get it all done in one day on my own. When I slept, I slept like the dead (H said at one point he felt compelled to check my pulse and make sure I was still alive).

    On Sunday, H and I took a ride up to the furthest northwest corner of our state to see some car races - we'd never been before - and it was nice. The weather was perfect and I got some color...on the front side of my body. hahaha. Last night we grilled up some veggies and corn and we all had a light dinner. easy child made some molasses sandwich cookies which I couldn't stop eating, they were so yummy.

    Anyway, the garden is in and the flowers are on the new front porch. They look nice.
  7. house of cards

    house of cards New Member

    I'm exhausted with a filthy house but a satisfied heart. I have the hardest time finding the energy to keep up with the house which is compounded by my mistake in not training my kids to pick up after themselves better. So the house is a mess, yet I spent my usual afternoon with my mom on Sat., let the queen have a friend over on Sun., and had relatives over on Mon..

    We went to our parade in town and had a great time, everyone behaved well...although it is hard not to when everyone in the parade is throwing candy at you. My mom, sister and brother in law came over with his kids( the one who just lost his wife, my sister, to suicide) for a picnic. It was good to see the kids laughing and having a good time. The youngest with Downs is still having a lot of trouble, she misses her Mom something awful. So even thou I didn't feel like I had the energy to get it all done, I'm really glad I I need to remember to take my vitamins/iron pills, I was feeling better a while back when I actually was remembering to take them.
  8. gcvmom

    gcvmom Here we go again!

    We did the difficult child-bro wedding thing Saturday. Then went to sister in law#1's house for Memorial Day/Birthday (hers) swim/pizza party on Sunday. Spent yesterday puttering around the yard. We've got a few tiny green tomatoes going already, one yellow pepper, and the cucumbers have flowers! Blackberries are blooming and have some early green berries but nothing ripe yet. Oh, and of course, there was the snake we found :)

    Loth, you were a DYNAMO this weekend! You go girl!
  9. KTMom91

    KTMom91 Well-Known Member

    Hubby took Friday off, I worked a half day, and came home to open warfare between Hubby and Miss KT. I dreaded the rest of the weekend, but they buried the hatchet (and not in each other.) Saturday night Hubby took me to dinner for our anniversary, Sunday and Monday I painted in the bathroom, Hubby installed the new light, and Miss KT went in search of graduation clothes. Overall things went well.
  10. lovemysons

    lovemysons Well-Known Member

    Wow Loth, you really did get ALOT accomplished. Way To Go on the gardening...I'll bet it looks very nice too.

    easy child and husband went to a bowling tournament on Sat morn til Sun evening. easy child beat everyone the first day but then went with friends tubing at a lake and was too sore to bowl well the next day. I went to the casino and blew 100 dollars.

    husband and I tackled our garage yesterday...hoping to eventually get rid of enough junk to fit a car in their again someday, lol.
    And then finally, very impromptu like, Young difficult child, Mindy and Joey came over for steak dinner. It was nice, all got along.

    Today...lots of pots and pans dishes from last night. Honestly, Im taking it easy today. I don't feel rushed at all...but the weekend went fairly well.

    Thanks for askin!
  11. totoro

    totoro Mom? What's a GFG?

    Most of you sound like you did too much or had a nice time of it. Or at least tried to! LOL

    Jo I am so sorry you are still hurting.

    In-laws took the girls for a couple of hours on Saturday so husband and I could go and purchase some heavy bases for our outdoor umbrellas.
    This is always nervous territory, since December they have not been allowed sleep overs or too much time with the kids.
    So once again we asked that they take it easy with K, we had a birthday party on Sunday, it is upper 90's and she is cycling pretty rapidly.

    So they went to Walmart, (not a good thing for K) swam, held a karaoke concert for a couple of friends... this was all in a maner of 7 hours!
    And they would not bring them home until 7:30.
    We have the girls on a very strict schedule, or else K falls apart for days afterward.

    So of course we paid the price the next day. The big deal was this birthday was at the next door neighbors, we are trying to kind of fit in.
    She held it together pretty well.

    Yesterday she was a wreck so we laid low and swam a bit. In-laws had to come over because they just informed us they are leaving back to Chicago this week.

    House is a wreck because I can't walk away from either of the girls for more than 5 minutes.

    I just sit with the laptop and do a project with them. :)

    But over all the weekend was pretty good.

    Oh, we did go to a really cool hot spring that is a protected bird reserve. It is down the street from us. We did this on Saturday to keep K from exploding from anticipation due to the birthday party.

    We saw a turtle in the middle of laying her eggs!
    This park is a beautiful place in the middle of the desert.
  12. Lothlorien

    Lothlorien Active Member Staff Member

    Toto, I find it helpful not telling Missy anything about parties, trips, vacations or anything until just before the event (like 1/2 hour). Missy has the same problem with anticipation. Even if she knows my parents are coming over, the planning in her head begins. It's too much for her to deal with, so I leave her completely out of the loop. I know it's hard to do, especially if your daughter sees the friend all the time, but some of my friends know the situation and they try to tell the kids not to discuss it too much with Missy. She had a sleepover, not long ago. She knew she was going, but didn't know the date. So, while she was out, I packed her stuff and then we were going over there "just to visit." In the car, on the way over, I told her she was going to the sleepover. It works like a charm every time.