So how is everyone faring after the storm?

mstang67chic

Going Green
Where I'm at we didn't get snow.....just ice. A lot of people are without power, fortunately we aren't some of them. Trees and power lines down everywhere and my back yard looks like my big tree threw up. A lot of limbs and branches down, some of them quite large. husband was hoping one would wipe out our central AC unit as it's on it's last leg but sadly the only damage was to a couple of slats on the privacy fence.

How is everyone else doing?

Andy

Survived last weekend's. Stressed mainly because husband was biting the bit to get to work on Monday and easy child was bound and determined that the weather was not going to stop her from getting out and about on Sunday evening.

We are expecting another storm starting tonight and going through Sunday morning. It should be here before morning. .

I think ice is the absolute worse. Our roads/intersections became very slippery but not much ice. My stress with husband and easy child out in this was the dangerous windchills.

goldenguru

We got about 12 inches. This morning the temperature is 3 degrees. So, the snow won't be going anywhere soon. Forecast for tomorrow? 6 more inches of snow.

Anyone have a room to rent in Florida? I'll even do chores. LOL.

TerryJ2

Like a big tree threw up? You have such a way with-words, Mstng. :) Still, I hate ice storms. Hate em, hate em, hate em.

Andy, what is it with-guys who want to go out in that stuff? It's got to be part of their DNA makeup.

Sharon, you're lucky you have sore arms and not a sore back. You must be doing something right.

Golden, you are in it for the long haul. Michigan is definitely a winter place.

Best of luck with-round two, Abbey and WipeOut! I hope it's light and pretty and not a hindrance.

Jena

good morning you guys!! :)

We got like 5 inches last night, no big deal. yet the ice is a problem now, it hailed after the snow which messed it all up. so it's 20 degrees now, and everything is ice and it's snowing again, i just looked we are in the middle of another storm.

and, my shovel broke!!! LOL

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
All we got was high winds and rain. (personally I'd rather have the snow) The winds drove the rain into mine and mother in law's phone boxes and killed our phones for 24 hours. My sister in law called bright and early this morning because they'd been trying to get mother in law since yesterday and were worried. husband ran over and discovered she's having the same issues. Phone company is coming out today or tomorrow to fix hers. I'm calling them to have that line on mine closed off completely. I'm sick of it every time it rains.

Glad everyone made it thru ok. Abbey, remember to eat a meal before shoveling and to take breaks. You're out of practice. Gloves, hat, scarf, boots, and layer your clothing.

((hugs))

mstang67chic

Going Green
Like a big tree threw up? You have such a way with-words, Mstng. :)

Yep, it hacked up good. LOL

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj161/mstang67chic/140.jpg

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj161/mstang67chic/141.jpg

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj161/mstang67chic/142.jpg

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj161/mstang67chic/144.jpg

That last one is the support that my grape vine grows on. I haven't ventured out to see how the vine itself fared so we shall see.

There are also a couple down around the back of the garage (you can see the edge of it in one of the pictures) that took out some slats in the section of privacy fence. Not a big deal though as it could have been much worse. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed as the tree is still creaking and may yet lose more limbs.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Stang, you have a difficult child tree. That's it.

It's STILL snowing here. My gosh. Give me a break. I shoveled this morning again. Now I'm heading into work coughing up a lung. I'm fairly sure they'll send me home.

Later on today is round 2. I was just catching the news and watching footage of people trying to dig their cars out. You would have no idea there IS a car there. Completely covered and no where to go with the snow.

Abbey