So...I had a seizure

ShakespeareMamaX

Yeah, my doctor confirmed the "freak out" my body had was, in fact, a seizure.

Awesome.

Still no call about the neuro appointment. I'm crossing my fingers...

Happy Wednesday! :tongue:

Star*

call 911........call 911
How are you feeling today? Odd things about strokes - No one wants to point a finger at your kid after it happens but before it happens everyone told me - If he doesn't quit you are going to have a stroke."

They were right.
Hugs

F

flutterbee

Star - Another odd thing about strokes. They make the words 'stroke' and 'seizure' look alike. :tongue: Hey they both start and end with the same letter. :redface:

I'm just teasing you, hon.

SMX - I hope you get answers soon. Take care of you.

(((hugs)))

Sue C

I sent you a PM yesterday; don't know if you saw it. I take 4 anti-seizure medications. I started out on one, then had to add a 2nd, later a 3rd and later the 4th one. I'll go awhile without a seizure and then wham, one seems to come out of nowhere (or I go through a period where I have one nearly every day for awhile). I think it's been about 2 years since the last one now.

I'm sure your neuro will put you on anti-seizure medication(s). Make sure you keep track of the dates you have them, so you can report them to your neuro at each visit.

Another thing, if you cannot get in to see the neuro for quite awhile, you should talk to him over the phone and see if he's willing to prescribe the medication for you to get you started on it.

It took me several years before I was diagnosed with seizures. It finally took me having one by chance in front of my chiropractor....he called my neuro and explained what he saw happen to me. The next morning my neuro called and said, "I'm going to put you on an anti-seizure medication." Huh??!! He had not diagnosed the seizures 'til the chiropractor called him.

You are fortunate that you have been diagnosed so quickly. I hope you get the medication(s) quickly, too, and that you are feeling better soon.

Hugs,
sue