So I thought we were set .....

Pandora

but today the technical high school pulled a fast one. They accepted my Asperger's, Special Education son back in March. Today we attended a PPT, where they let us know they didn't believe he was a good match for the school. Definitely pressured us to voluntarily withdraw him, we refused.

Someone needs to tell the assistant principle if he's going to record meetings he's supposed to let all parties know about it.

Pandora

husband spoke to a lawyer today. She was sort of like maybe we could fight this, but they'd be looking for an excuse to get rid of him as soon as he messed up.

Pandora

Lawyer looked over IEP, then asks for stuff documenting his academic record. She said she wanted to determine whether or not there was a case that they could make that he was not academically able to handle their work. Brings up a funny situation ..... son didn't have a complete set of test results from NCLB-mandated state testing. So school says he must pass our own set of tests. He did.

The majority of the student body didn't take this test.

Pandora

We withdrew our son from attendance at the local public school today. If he can't get in to where he was initially accepted he'll be at home this year.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Pandora, I am so very sorry. Which is the one he was initially accepted to, the technical high school? or is that the one you have withdrawn from?

Pandora

He was originally accepted to the technical high school. They then booted him, and sent his stuff to the local high school, whioch promptly enrolled him. I disenrolled him.

Now we have another PPT at the technical high school. It seems telling my son to leave his own PPT (the one where they booted him) was a no-no.

Pandora

What's funny is our state law requires children age 13 and up be in attendance at their PPTs. We'd have been breaking the law had we not brought him.

husband bought his own recording device.

Pandora

Well, we had the longest PPT is state history (we think.) More than 2 hours, where we battled each objection they had. But we got him re-enrolled.

Oddly, I think he's started to grow on them now that they've seen him.