So, I'm about 15 right now

flutterby

Fly away!
Have you ever done something, and then later - or as soon as you hit the send button - realize that you just reacted with the maturity level of a teenager?

I am emotionally overwhelmed. I keep fighting this damn depression and as soon as it seems that it's getting better, I'm hit with something else. I'm on autopilot - just reacting, not thinking.

So, it was nothing life shattering. Just stupid. And now I need to figure a way out of it and still maintain some dignity.

Ho hum.

Where's that beach that Abbey and Star are at?

klmno

LOL! Send another message saying that you were just hit at a bad time and reacted too quickly- most people would forgive that.

flutterby

Fly away!
It wasn't easy child. And it wasn't someone I'm close enough to, to just say you caught me at a bad time. It's going to take a bit more finesse. But, I think I've handled it. I guess we shall see.

Jody

Been there done that. I guess I am a little impulsive too sometimes. Usually works out okay, when it happens it has been someone that is close to me. Many apologies and back tracking. Ugh. I am sure it will work out!! Hang in there.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I did that last week when I threw my hissy fit on the phone with the moronic mail order pharmacy. While my outrage was justified, my outburst wasn't and I regretted it even while I was in the middle of it. But I couldn't stop myself. I toned things done considerably when I wrote my email complaint to them. They never did respond, but the very next day I saw that the prescription was suddenly processed and on its way to me. :)

We're human, Heather.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Having been on the other set of the headset (most of my career involved working phone tech support for various hardware and software platforms), I do not throw fits with the poor slob on the other end of the phone. I simply ask to speak to the supervisor or manager. Now, I was that supervisor or manager for a while as well, and I understand the stresses of this type of work.

So far as hissy fits? Believe me, I've heard it all.

Bill collectors are another story. I can get positively evil with them as I am very up on current law, do not owe any debt, and still get calls on accts that were paid off and closed out years ago. You can do this without raising your voice, cursing, or anything like that.

everywoman

I did the same thing last week with a friend of mine (a male) who I've know since high school. He had been very supportive when I decided to leave husband---and then decided that this "woman" he met and had just started seeing wouldn't "approve" of our friendship. She is the town tramp---really--she wouldn't approve of me?---and I kind of went off on him---so now he won't even talk to me---and I really need him to talk to me right now!!!! Darn it!

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Awwww, Heather... I know EXACTLY what you mean.

I finally just told everyone - I have bad days and I get stupid. So if something strikes you as really, really juvenile or brainless - let me know! If I get witchy and snap at you and you don't think it's necessary - tell me!

And I apologize a lot for being wrong (no matter WHAT Onyxx says). on the other hand - I'm not always wrong, just the way I handle something is questionable.

HUGS!