So, I'm normally an upbeat person but...

tiredmommy

I've decided that it's okay for me to be down in the dumps today. It turns out my mother in law has been diagnosis'd with a particularly aggressive form of brain cancer and her prognosis is poor. I'm going to go wallow in a little self-pity now while I consider the pain and suffering my family will be going through over the next several weeks/months.

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
So very sorry, J. I hate that disease. What is the name of the tumor? How old is mother in law? Much collective strength will soon be sent your way, hugs.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Definitely it is o.k. to be down in the dumps. Sending many hugs and prayers to you and your family.

Steely

My Dad died from a Glioma Blastoma 10 months ago. Please let me know if you need any advice on the progression of brain cancer. Although they go very fast, they usually have little pain - which is good. My Dad went very peacefully and without pain - but oh so fast. I am so so sorry you are going through this - and again - pm me if you want any advice as I didn't know what to expect, and I wish I had.
Sending you and your family many hugs.

donna723

I'm so very sorry for all that your family is going through. And you have a perfect right to feel bad! Sending lots of prayers and hugs.

Kathy813

Staff member
I'm so sorry, TM. A friend of mine recently passed away from a glioblastoma. As Steely, said there was very little pain and she was able to stay fairly active up to pretty close to the end.

{{{Hugs}}}

~Kathy

Last edited:

Nancy

I am so sorry TM. I know from everything you have said that you are very close to her and this will be a difficult time for the entire family. Don't waste time and make every minute with her count. I spent a great deal of time with my mother in law toward the end and I will never regret that. She was special to me and I still miss her.

Hugs to you and your family,
Nancy

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Oh, TM--

I am so, so sorry...

Yes, I do think you need to allow yourself to grieve a little bit.

(((Hugs)))

Hugs and prayers for you and your family.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
TM

Let yourself feel the emotions. It's healthy, and it's ok. Otherwise they tend to ambush you later down the road.

I'm so sorry to hear about the diagnosis. You mother in law and the whole family will remain in my prayers.

((((hugs))))

DammitJanet

Im so sorry. I do think its okay to be not okay. I agree to take all the time you can with her now to get as many good memories as possible. All the good pictures, all the good videos. If she is close by, I would even say this is a perfect time to allow Duckie to miss some school to go spend time with mother in law. This will mean the world to her.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
As much as you might feel like your family needs you to be the one who's "UP," you can't shoulder the burden of this sad situation, nor should you try. It's okay for Duckie and husband to see you hurting and to take time to allow those feelings to surface. I know when my dad was dying, I tried at first to maintain the brave face, coming and going and reporting the facts of the situation to them each day, but ultimately I think when I finally let it all out and showed my family what I was going through it made them realize just how human I am and brought us all closer together. I still remember hanging up the phone with my mom after she called to let me know dad was gone and my kids and husband all just surrounding me and putting their arms around me while I let it all out. It was very freeing to be able to do that, especially after having grown up in a family that did not really allow me the expression of any emotion.

I hope this time brings everyone closer together and that they can use it to celebrate her life while she is still here. (((((Hugs)))))

slsh

member since 1999
Oh, *darn* it, TM. I am just so sorry to hear this. There are no adequate words.

Sending up good thoughts and wishes for compassionate caregivers who will ease not only your mother in law but your entire family through this process.

Take care of you. Many *many* gentle hugs to you.

StressedM0mma

TM I am so sorry that your family is having to go through this. I pray that your mother in law and your family have peace with the time she has left. ((HUGS))