So it's --12 in Wisconsin--how's YOUR day?

BusynMember

For those who think this is normal for Wisconsin, it's not...lol. I'm not even going to step foot outside today (yeah, sure...lol).

Maybe this will help the Packers win the game tomorrow. This has to be extremely cold for the NY Giants :wink:

Fran

Former desparate mom
Yikes!
I'll pass. Despite growing up and spending the first 30yrs in the northern states, I suspect I will never live where it is that cold again. Snow I like but frigid temps are the pits.
Stay in and stay warm.

trinityroyal

-4 celsius here. (Which I think is roughly 7 Farenheit)

So far it's been a relatively mild winter, but they're predicting a cold snap soon.

The thing I dislike most is the inconsistency. I have a few days of nice weather, my mood perks up and I'm thinking "spring is just around the corner", then SNAP. It gets cold again.

Honestly, though I'm Canadian born and bred, I just don't like the cold. Sigh.

Kathy813

Staff member
It's snowing in Dixie.

Fran ~ The good news is that it is all starting later than originally thought. It is not supposed to get bad until afternoon. Hopefully your DG and easy child will get home ahead of the storm.

It's supposed to get very cold tonight (17 degrees which is bone chilling to us) so the snow is not going anywhere.

Stay warm, y'all. :blizzard:

~Kathy

Wiped Out

Staff member
We're at -23 with the windchill right now. Normal or not, it is still freezing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Wish I could hide under my electric blanket all day. BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrr!

muttmeister

It's 10 degrees here and the windchill is 3. I HATE WINTER! Although we do have cold weather here, this is definitely not normal. I think I heard them say that average for here now is about 36. By Thursday it is supposed to get UP to 23. Gee, I can hardly wait. I think I'll just hibernate!

Er...uh...I think it's supposed to be somewhere in the 70's today for us.

Actually?

I think they said high seventies.

But it is supposed to warm up again by Sunday afternoon.

Heh.

:smile:

Barbara

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
We have reached the 20's. Not including the windchill... It is in the teens at night... I don't mind it!!! I know I am crazy... I prefer my cold with a touch of falling snow!!!

Sue C

The windchill right now at 1 pm is 9 degrees below zero. Tonight will get down to 29 degrees below zero!! And we plan on going to church. It will be cold going out there!

husband and I once cross-country skied in 35 degrees below zero because we had not checked the weather. We knew it was cold but didn't know how cold. We were literally freezing as we skied. On the way home, we put on the radio and found out the temperature. That made us feel even colder! LOL

I feel sorry for the Packers-Giants game tomorrow, not just for the players but for the fans in the stands!! I would not want to be sitting there.

Sue

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Our high today is supposed to be -1 degree. I woke to 15 below zero. At this point it, the number doesn't matter - it's just darned cold.

As we have the house fully stocked we can sit indoors safely out of the wind & watch that beautiful mid winter sunshine that tends to come with this level of cold.

My African violets are having a field day with all this sunshine yesterday, today & predicted for tomorrow.

Lots of reading, play & painting going on today.

SRL

8 degrees, windchill -10.

I was out this morning taking my daughter to ballet and it actually didn't feel that cold to me. Cold, but not that cold.

Hot flashes finally make themselves useful: :sword: :blizzard:

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
We're at 19 degrees at 4pm, windchill is a whooping 6 degrees. :cold:

On a brighter note, the sun is shining beautifully and there is no snow. Seems someone down Dixie way did some fancy dancing and sucked it all down there.....Or Snow Miser and Heat Miser decided to trade off. lol

SRL lmao on the hot flashes.

I'm battling a rather potent case of the flu with such a lovely fever that I'm not even noticing the cold. :ill: I forgot to turn up the heat til noon. :rofl:

BusynMember

Sad thing is, I did go out today and there was no wind so it didn't feel bad...lol. I'm really more a cold weather person and don't like anything above 75 degrees (and like it cooler than that).

In Wisconsin people are out and about just like every other day...lol.

I LOVE THE PACKERS, but NOTHING could entice me to sit in the stands and watch that game tomorrow. NOTHING. I don't see how anyone can enjoy even such an important game in that kind of cold.

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
Well I missed this yesterday as I didn't get on the computer after I came home from work. Today however it is currently -6 in my lovely town here in Iowa. I was out to work and I think it was a little colder then. But now that I am home I really don't have plans to leave the house. Might see if I have the ingredients to bake something. So that the kitchen will be a little warmer.

Beth

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I think we're supposed to get down to single digits today in CT. H has started up the wood stove to help conserve oil. I think we're getting low and I just can't afford another $500 to put a measly 150 gallons into our tank. It just really burns my biscuit that it's so hard to heat our homes now.

RobinD

This darn bitter cold froze my darn toliet tank won't fill up and now my shower drain wont drain.

And darn it the packers lost and it went in over time.

I hope my toliet and shower unthaw by tomorrow. I got xtra heat in there even pour boiling hot water down the shower drain.

The kitchen and bathroom sink survived as we had the water running slowly. But the hot water in the kitchen froze for awhile but was able to unthaw with heater in couple hours. But the bathroom stuff is being stubborn.

Well time to crawl under the warm comforters for the nite and keep warm.

Good nite everyone!

RobinD

I am so sick of this cold weather. Still the toliet is frozen and shower drain. I couldn't take another day without a shower I was starting to itch like crazy. So I said I am taking a quick one. As the water was filling up in the shower stall had to hurry up. I ran the water as hot as I could. I had to bail out the water with a bucket and cup took about 10 times to empty it out in the toliet which help flush the toliet since the toliet tank won't refill somewhere behind the wall its frozen as I got the shut off valve and flexible pipe unthaw.
I had the kids sponge bath my daugther ask me where is the sponge. I told her to use a wash cloth and do it in the bathroom sink.
Well the kids are off to the milwaukee public museum with there therapist. They are getting them to exercise by walking around the museum. My daughter woke me up at 530 am she had a very bad nose bleed. She didn't go back to sleep so she is abit crabby today as well.
And now its snowing out there with this darn cold weather. ugh!

donna723

Ours isn't as bad as some of you have it, but still darned cold for here - down in the 'teens at night. Right now it's "warmed up" to the mid-twenties. I was supposed to get my oil changed today but I think I'll wait till this afternoon and maybe it will warm up some.

I'm completely DONE with winter! There's no way to keep my little 160 year old house completely warm when it's this cold outside - the cold just seems to seep up through the floors! The water pipes to my kitchen sink, bathtub and bathroom sink are on outside walls so I have to keep the warm water trickling all night and the cabinet doors open. So next month I'll not only have a humungo gas bill to pay, my water bill will be way more than it usually is! Of course, in the summer, I was complaining about my electric bill being so high because of the A/C. I guess it's always something!

RobinD

Well finally 24 hours later and the toliet is working again. I got up at 7 it wasn't working but husband gets up at 10 and comes out and says the toilet tank has finally refill itself and can flush the toliet.

Now we still have no shower drain there is still water sitting in the shower. I bail out as much as i could and still sitting there ugh! Still 2 heaters in the bathroom trying to keep things warm. It's about 68 degrees in the bathroom.

Well it is nice and quiet while the kids are the museum. I get some time to myself while they are away. As there is no school today. and my daughter is very cranky today since she been up at 530 when she didn't go to bed until 10 last nite. I hope she goes to be early tonite. As tomorrow is baack to school after 4 days off. Oh yes more time for me :)