So, M got a job

witzend

He's had it for a couple of weeks. We learned about it on MySpace.:furious:

husband helped him with his resume and talked him through interview processes and gave him advice as to where to apply. I got him new clothes for the interview. We haven't heard a word from him since.

I'm glad that he got a job, don't get me wrong. I'm not happy that while when husband gave him the clothing M gave him the "I'm so grateful, I was a really bad teenager to you guys, blah blah blah" line, but when it turned out well, he blabs it on MySpace to all of his friends but doesn't have the decency to call us and tell us the good news.

This says a lot to me about his character. It's easy for a little con-man like him to act contrite and thankful when the chips are down and you're giving him a handout. A real man is contrite and thankful when that help works out for him, too.

PonyGirl

Warrior Parent
You're so right, witz! It's an awful feeling to know that we only hear from our difficult child's when they want something....but I can't help but feel that some of that is just typical man-stuff, too.

Maybe he's waiting for his 1st (ok, or his 2nd) paycheck to surprise you & husband with a thoughtful gift of thanks....:winks:

Peace

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
This says a lot to me about his character. It's easy for a little con-man like him to act contrite and thankful when the chips are down and you're giving him a handout. A real man is contrite and thankful when that help works out for him, too.

:rolleyes:Jeez, typical difficult child.

Keeping my fingers crossed that this job sticks at least! :peaceful:

Star*

call 911........call 911
Ah yes...let me share the crusty times with you parents -
And I'll let the world know I did this on my OWN WITH NO HELP FROM MY CRUSTY PARENTS.

ARGH

One can only think at this point - WELL ? Thank goodness he got a job, and Star hasn't sent me a freaking manger.

Hugs
Star