SO made me some Comfort Food

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
Have been absent for a while although after almost 9 years, I still keep up on a daily basis.

Childrenwise, its been SSDD but glimmers on the horizon - eldest is actively looking for a place of her own and difficult child has finally been making some money with his music, although you wont be seeing him on the MTV awards anytime soon.

Suz convinced me to go to the doctors in January, and it seems like I have been there on a weekly basis for one thing or another, heart problems, just got over foot surgery hobbling round on crutches with one more to go, then I have an attack of Kidney Stones (they think) the other day so more testing and stuff to do next week.

But SO has been a trooper because we both have found out I don't do "sick" very well. He made me his favorite comfort food I find I have to share with you all-

A Grilled Hershey's Chocolate and Munster Cheese Sandwich

Its now become my favorite thing to do when I am reading the boards not being able to do much LOL

Am keeping my fingers crossed that all of this medical 'stuff" will come to an end real soon, or I will be adding the Lindora Obesity Clinic to my list of doctor appointments..

Positive thoughts and hugs to you all

Marcie

Stella Johnson

Hope your medical issues clear up soon. I know how much the kidney stones hurt. :slap:

Chocolate and cheese sandwhiches just don't sound good to me :nonono:

Steph

Fran

Former desparate mom
Marcie, I always miss you. Congratulations on seeing some hope on the horizon. Fingers croseed for difficult child making money.

I hope you feel better soon.

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
Thanks Fran for the good wishes :smile:

And Barbara,Steph, dont laugh - yes, it is full grilled cheese - with buttered bread.. I at first went yuck, but ya know, they are reallly good. I was even thinking of getting a little inventive, maybe put some banana's on it.

My arteries, I am sure, start clogging even at the thought..

Marcie

DDD

Sorry you've been under the weather. Wow! What a combo for a
sandwich.....I think I'll spring it on my guys. Hugs. DDD

SunnyFlorida

That's quite an interesting sandwich :surprise:

If it makes you happy....then I'm with ya honey!

Hope the medical issues clear up soon.

ScentofCedar

This is one of those ideas you just keep wondering about, Marcie.

Now, where did husband ever come up with an idea like that?

We just had some muenster cheese around here for ~ I don't know, because it seemed exotic, I guess. :blush:

Seriously, we could hardly eat it. We had little pieces of it with some other kinds of cheese, and some walnuts.

But then, thankfully, I was out of cheeses.

(We still have a block of Asigo I don't know what to do with.)

But now that I have heard about this, I keep wondering whether that might not be really delicious.

If you didn't know what it was, of course.

Shivers.

Barbara

KFld

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Marcie Mac</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
A Grilled Hershey's Chocolate and Munster Cheese Sandwich

</div></div>

O.k. I don't know about anyone else, but that would be enough to make me sick :smile:

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
Guess I won't mention then that his second favorite comfort food is a banana sandwich with sugar..

Barb, I went to Applebee's and had their chicken with Asiago cheese - it was wonderful - am sure you can get some recipe's off Epicurious for it..

Marcie

ScentofCedar

Well thanks, Marcie ~ I will try that site.

Er...that isn't where husband got that recipe for the Hershey's/Muenster sandwich, is it?!?

:rofl:

Barbara

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Hey Marcie......I've been in Chicago this weekend on business and am now checking in. I am LMAO about SO's version of comfort food. OMG! Your next appointment will be with the doctor about your cholesteral. :rofl:

Altho....my ex's favorite sandwich was peanut butter, jelly, bologne and cheese..............no, not 2 separate sandwiches.......all in ONE sandwich. :smile:

I love grilled cheese and I love chocolate. I'm trying to imagine it together........

It's so good to see your "face" in PE again. :flower:

Hugs,
Suz

witzend

Marcie, it's good to hear from you! I have been wondering how you were.

I have recreated the stuffed sweet potato that I had at the Claim Jumper, and it is a regular on our menu. It's super easy, and I know your husband likes Sweet Potatoes. Try it and see if you guys like it.

Cook two good sized sweet potatoes (or yams) in the microwave.

Season two chicken :censored2: with seasoning salt and fresh cracked pepper to your taste, and grill. Set aside to cool then slice thinly.

Sauté one thinly sliced red bell pepper in a little oil. When they are still bright but not crispy, add 1½ teaspoons honey and 1½ teaspoons mango chutney.

Open the sweet potato as you would a baked potato and top with chicken and peppers. Sprinkle liberally with chopped cilantro and chopped green onion.

YUM!

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
Witz, I have printed this off and gave it to SO cause hes the one that likes Sweet Potatoes :smile: How he can down them with all of that marshmallo stuff on it - yuck - but then again, the man loves Grilled chocolate and munster cheese sandwiches.

Every time I go to Claim Jumpers I almost always have the same thing, stuffed baked potatoe but now that you figured out the receipe, I can make him his and put it on mine as well.
One of these days I am going to venture out and try something else, but darn those potatoes are so good - must be that rich white sauce..

So exactly how many times have you been there for dinner exactly LOL

Marcie

witzend

Well, I figured out the sweet potato recipe as soon as we got home from California. I new I liked it and it was simple, so I went online to check the ingredients and that was it! But, a new one did open about a mile from our house, and we have been there once - I had the lobster OMG! - and we did take out once. They have a very good Cobb salad.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Marcie, if you are going to add bananas to your sandwich, you also need to add honey. :rofl:

(carry around some protein for the sugar crash you're going to have later...)

XXX