So much for a happy new year. This is no way to start.

ColleenB

I think I would have done the same thing Lil.

Even though we know it could all be a lie, there is a part of us that wants to believe them. I thought my son was the only one who constantly seems to have money, items stolen

I am in the middle of deciding whether to tell my husband the latest drama in our saga, because I know he won't be able to concentrate at work, like you described, and my poor husband has a very sick father already to worry about right now.

I hope your son gives you a little reprieve for a few months... it is exhausting. I am off work for winter break, I'm a school counsellor, and I can't sleep for worry. I don't remember what it was like to go to bed without the worry.

Take care.... C

BusynMember

You know your husband and how he is really doing. Tell him only if you feel he can handle it. It's not the same as a secretive lie if you are looking out for somebody in my opinion.

And I don't want to add to your stress but am passing on what I learned. Your son may be selling more than pot. You don't really know what he takes or what he may be doing. None of us really do. That's another reason to not let him live at home. He brings danger to all of you. And you really don't know what goes on out on the streets. You can think you know (I did) but we certainly can be wrong.

I am so sorry. Sending hugs and warmth.

Lil

You know your husband and how he is really doing. Tell him only if you feel he can handle it. It's not the same as a secretive lie if you are looking out for somebody in my opinion.

And I don't want to add to your stress but am passing on what I learned. Your son may be selling more than pot. You don't really know what he takes or what he may be doing. None of us really do. That's another reason to not let him live at home. He brings danger to all of you. And you really don't know what goes on out on the streets. You can think you know (I did) but we certainly can be wrong.

I am so sorry. Sending hugs and warmth.

I thought you were on the wrong thread...then realized you are responding to @ColleenB .

Most of these kids have to be elsewhere I think, for our peace of mind as well as theirs.

susiestar

Roll With It
I am sorry this was so hard for you Lil and Jabber. I don't think it matters if his stuff was stolen or not. That is a matter of his personal morality. What matters is what YOU could handle, what felt right to YOU both. You found a solution that you could live with, and you went through with it. You set a boundary of no emergencies or problems for 2 months. That gives him until roughly Spring Break, but it is warmish there, and people go there for Spring Break, so he should be fine.

Now you need to treat yourself and Jabber to something you enjoy. Even if it is just a nice meal at home..You have earned it!

BusynMember

It's sad to pay them to stay away. I also get it. It's a relief to me that difficult son is far away. I'd probably pay him to leave if I had to. He is such stress.

We have to think of us. They dont.

Last edited:

Lil

. You set a boundary of no emergencies or problems for 2 months. That gives him until roughly Spring Break, but it is warmish there, and people go there for Spring Break, so he should be fine...Now you need to treat yourself and Jabber to something you enjoy.

You know, I hadn't really thought that much about it, but true...the girlfriend will be back in like 2 weeks, school will be back in session, and apparently he's made at least casual friends among the college kids so he'll likely find a place outside of the shelter to crash as he was before Xmas. If he's warm thru the winter - I'll have much less problem telling him to camp outside in the spring when it's not below zero and snowing.

You know, right now camping up in the mountains in the springtime and not going to work or worrying about anyone but myself, sounds pretty darn good. ;)

I'd love us to treat ourselves...but it'll need to be something cheap! lol