So Much For The psychiatrist Appointment

B

Bunny

I made this appointment 6 months ago, which was the last time difficult child was there.

I was sitting here this morning and all of a sudden I realized that the psychiatrist's office never called the confirm the appointment, which is very unusual. I called this morning and not only do they not have an appointment booked for difficult child for today, but they don't have any appointment booked for him at all!

I told the person on the phone that she needs to have the doctor call me because difficult child has been really bad lately, but I did not call because I thought I had an appointment for this afternoon and I was going to be able to talk to the psychiatrist today in person.

Hopefully, they will call me back today. Even if the psychiatrist does not agree to a medication increase I need a new prescription because I have no more refills of the current one.

I am so not happy right now.

B

Bunny

No, because when I booked it I wrote it right into my date book, so I didn't take an appointment card.

I'm glad that I thought to call because the office is a 45 minute drive. The gas shortages around here seem to be easing, but I would have been really annoyed had I made the trip all the way in there and wasted all that gas, only to find that there was not appointment in their books. Not to mention how difficult child would have reacted.

Ktllc

Sometimes, the logistics of taking care of a difficult child is just as stressful as the difficult child's behavior!
Hopefully, psychiatrist will fit you in soon.

B

Bunny

They were able to get us in on Friday at 2:30 pm. When the psychiatrist called me back I told him that I really wanted to discuss a medication increase, and he said that he would do everything he could to get me in this week. difficult child was happy because now I have to take him out of school early. In all honesty, I thought that that was what I was going to have to do yesterday, but I didn't realize when I made the appointment that th schools were closed for Veteran's Day.

StressedM0mma

Oh Bunny, I bet you had a huge sigh of relief when you got an appointment. for this week. I know how hard it is just to get to see our psychiatrist. I hope Friday goes well, and that a medication increase will help your son. So glad you were able to get in the same week.