So MY stress is to blame for husband's ejection from easy child's game today!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
In so many words, husband seems to have assigned blame for his inability to keep his mouth shut over a series of bad calls at easy child's soccer game this afternoon to MY stress with difficult child 1 this morning, because seeing me in tears over difficult child 1's ODD behaviors was too stressful for him. And apparently his whole week has been stressful. Hmmm. Taking a nap every day and applying for ONE job online and getting his teeth cleaned and going to ONE chiro appointment and getting treated to a round of golf AND dinner with his favorite brother in law was too stressful. Wow. Life must really hoover for him. WTH?

If I have any advice worth giving to easy child, it's to NEVER marry a difficult child. :grrr:

susiestar

Roll With It
I am sorry. Sometimes guys just are jerks. Sporting events seems to bring it out in many of the guys I know.

I hope things get better soon.

Hugs.

crazymama30

Oh boy. My husband blew up one time at a soccer game too. I wanted to turn into a worm and crawl into the ground.

I really hate it when they blame everything else for their problems. That just pushes all my buttons at once.

I think you need some time away--go grocery shopping alone, go somewhere alone. Get away from them all. And take the long way home.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Thankfully I was not at that game and am at difficult child 1's game, but that's not going much better... another parent just got ejected here and players from both sides have gotten yellow cards. Gotta be something in the air here because people are just nuts.

JJJ

My husband got tossed from one of Piglet's games at THE FACILITY I WORKED. That was a fun call from my boss.

I think yelling at refs is a stress reliever for them but when they get tossed it adds stress. Will he be banned from her games now?

gcvmom

Here we go again!
No, I don't think he's banned forever -- possibly just the next game (I think that's the rule for red cards -- at least that's how it works for players)... but he's the assistant coach! He should know better, he DOES know better, and it's just ridiculous for him to blame his lack of self control on witnessing my tears over difficult child 1 in the privacy of my bedroom earlier in the day! Sheesh.

It sounded like he was adequately humiliated and was able to hold it together the rest of the day. Now he's off to the movies with difficult child 2 and easy child, so I'm getting some much-needed alone time and difficult child 1 is downstairs palying a computer game.

difficult child 1 has another game tomorrow. I'm tempted to tell husband to stay home with the other two kids.

house of cards

Turn around is fair play, what behavior of yours can you blame on the stress of him getting flagged at the game?? Sometimes they need a concrete example of how their actions look to others.

I've gone shopping, took the long way home and drove past the house cause I wasn't ready to go back yet. There is something theraputic about driving alone in a car...a loud radio doesn't hurt either.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Glad you ended up with some much needed alone time. Sorry husband was such a pita and then had the nerve to blame it on you.