So now Jumper is invited to Thanksgiving???? (warning: More on the saga)

BusynMember

So J. told Jumper that his mother (stepmother) is wondering if Jumper is going to come to Thanksgiving at their house. :rofl::rofl:

I don't know what game she is playing, but the last time Jumper had any contact with J's family, it was Father screaming in her face at J's football game, telling her that "everything" was her fault (not sure what everything was) while his sister stood next to him giving Jumper's innocent friend the middle finger. The two of them have taken away J's internet, cell phone (we gave him one), car and basically access to anything because he won't break up with her. Now this "mother" is inviting her to Thanksgiving???? She is generally upset about it and doesn't want to go, but said maybe she should try to mend fences.

Hub and I told her she can't go. We sense an agenda there. Something's cooking. They have also asked J. if he is going to continue living with them when he turns eighteen (in early December). At first I thought, "They're regretting how mean they've been to him." On second thought, I wonder if they are afraid he will move in with us, which he can legally do at his age, but is not going to happen. We are 45 minutes from his school and we have a small house. I think they can't kick him out until he graduates.

I told Jumper that if they ever want her at their house, they will have to sit down somewhere and talk to us face-to-face. As far as hub and I are concerned, she never needs to see them again. After all, she is only fifteen. She isn't marrying J. He is going away to college next year. WTH is their game?

This sort of gave me the creeps. I hope we are right in not allowing her to go...but we aren't. Man, they creep me out!

Thanks for letting me vent about Jumper and J. and the craziness of his family.

buddy

oh yeah, trust your gut on this...even thru cyber space, this seems like a set up. Avoid the drama.

Very odd family. Poor boyfriend.

keista

I think you're right in not letting her go. She is only 15. I expect you would want her with you on Thanksgiving.

in my opinion it is very creepy.

donna723

I think you're absolutely right! Something is going on there, something is on their agenda and it's probably not nice. Do they think you all just forgot the screaming match they subjected her to the last time?

She doesn't really need an excuse not to go. A fifteen year old should be at home with her family on a family holiday -PERIOD.

pepperidge

Look at it this way, there isn't anything lost if she doesn't go, but if she and it gets ugly....it is not worth the risk.

too weird. Maybe you want to invite the son to your house for Thanksgiving?!

DDD

Lordy, they are a strange group. Obviously Jumper should share the holiday with her family and I hope she told J to tell them "thanks but I'll be with my family". Hugs. DDD

shellyd67

Sadly, I think J's family doesn't care to realize all they have to be thankful for ... I wouldn't share any holiday with them ...

H

HaoZi

Does sound to me like they're afraid of losing him to Jumper so now they're trying to look nicer to him. boyfriend or not, why wouldn't they expect her to spend the holiday with her family?

BusynMember

I don't think they're afraid of losing him to her. I think it's more to get her there and then vilify her all over again. They offer the kids conditional love. His sister has moved back home after having broken up with the boy they disapproved of (sound familiar?) Now that she has done what they approve of, she has access to their car and health insurance and all the other things that their considerable money can buy.
They are still angry at J. They yanked his insurance from him, and everything else, and make it a point to fuss over his sister in front of him for "doing the right thing."
At any rate, Jumper is not going to his house for any reason. They mother is evil. The rest of them are just strange. The plan was actually not for Jumper to spend the entire holiday there, but to come after she had Thanksgiving HERE first, but no matter...the answer is no.

jal

MWM,

I've been here enough. I don't post much now that our 9 yr old difficult child has been stable for a long, long while and I really don't have weekday/nightime time to contribute (wish I could, but I can't). Have been following this one, as many others. This is so WEIRD. Please absolutely follow your gut and not let your beautiful daughter go there. The boy sounds like a very nice boy, but the family dynamics are way too off the charts. You both, have made the right decision in keeping her home. Please do not waiver in your decision as I believe you and your husband made the right and only one. I'm positively scared for her around that family.

H

HaoZi

I think we're all rooting for J to get 18, graduate, and disinherit his family. He'll go farther in life without them anchoring him.

BusynMember

Thanks to all for the reenforcement.

There is some game going on. There is a reason they want her there and it's not a good reason. She will never ever go to his house again. She never has to go to his house. Never, never, never...it gives me the creeps just thinking about it and Jumper doesn't want to go either. There is something very "not right" about the family and although poor J. has to live with it, my Jumper does not. And she will not.

Really, I keep hoping another boy catches her eye, but it never happens. The two of them are very bonded. Well, they can be bonded at MY house. Nobody is mistreated there.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!:angrygirl:

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I agree 100%. Something's up. Besides, Turkey Day is for family to give thanks, Know what I mean??

:hugs:

BusynMember

Yet...see my new post. I am so upset about this, I was crying. I have no idea why, but it really upsets me. It gives me the creeps and also makes me upset. I could not leave it unanswered. Anyone interested, please do read the post about the response I wrote to (step)mother. I just wish I could call her up and scream at her, the way her stupid husband screamed at MY child and say, "HOW DARE YOU KEEP MESSING WITH OUR HEADS????"

Ok, so I have a tendency to get depressed. Why is THIS depressing me though? And upsetting me? Well, please look and see if I wrote an appropriate answer. Thank you to all my very special friends.