So summer is almost over. How has your summer been, weather-wise?

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
CB, even if you have casement (sliding) windows, AC units are available for those, though they are more expensive than standard window units.

At least try to put a unit in the room in which you sleep.

Meanwhile, what about getting some fans. Also, google "hillbilly air conditioners" (sorry mods) for some ideas on building your own cooling systems using ice, containers, and fans.

They are cheap and quite effective.

BusynMember

I like cooler weather, gn, but I do need some heat...lol. love to snuggle under the covers snd love the look and feel of fall/winter clothes.

Our two pups share our brd. Chloe snores. Bad!!!!

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Is Chloe the one that is part Shih-Tzu? If so, she probably snores due to having a shorter than normal muzzle.

Of course, my Gryphon, who was a German Shepherd, and certainly didn't have a short muzzle, snored like a drunk, obese man, and Jakey the cat, who also didn't have a short muzzle, snored as well.

Thomas only snores with his head in certain (weird) positions and if he is deeply asleep. Squeaky doesn't snore at all.

I snore due to a deviated septum. Being overweight doesn't help matters any. (Yes, I've had a sleep study done. I do not have sleep apnea)

AppleCori

Well, summer is now officially over, so how is your fall going?

My daughter is sick this weekend so our camping trip was cancelled, but I am not all that sad about it, because it is COLD this weekend. And windy. And today it is overcast.

Reminds me of the cold, bleak, blustery weather to come.

Pasa, I am so jealous. I am a Texan at heart and I miss it so much! I go there every winter to escape the northern winters. I miss the sun!

We have seasons here. Cold, freezing winter, rainy spring, hot summer, and a short but beautiful fall. It varies as to how much fall we have, though. Could be short or long.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Well, the heat has broken, finally. Dropped into the sixties, we had a couple of days in the high fifties, and then back up into the high sixties/low seventies.

MUCH nicer, though with a chance of rain. I broke out the fall clothing, purchased some clothing items for fall and winter as I've "fatted" out of some of my stuff, and after buying an iron and ironing board, washed and ironed everything that held still long enough.

I went out one night when it was in the forties and wore my parka. Nearly died of heat exhaustion so ordered a fleece lined nylon jacket to wear for cooler weather which will probably hold me for much of the warmer parts of the winter.

Other than that, it's been sweaters if I'm out in chilly weather, though high fifties/low sixties is still long-sleeved shirt weather in my book.

SuZir

Yeah, summer is definitely over. Really pretty and sunny day today, but we do not break 40 F. We did get our first night freezes few days ago and may get our first snow later this week.

I'm just trying to decide if I should already dig the roots of my dahlias up and put to cellar or if I risk another week. The roots can handle some freeze but not anything major.