So this chicken walks into a bar and...

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Hey everyone!

Just poppin' by to say hello and dispell the rumors that I'd run off with Raoul to Tahiti (much as I'd like to have).

My absence here is simply due to an incredibly busy schedule, nothing more. I've been helping to promote and run a weekly gourmet food truck event on the high school campus to benefit difficult child 1's lacrosse team and that's probably been the single biggest time gobbler of all. It's also the end of lacrosse season and I've been prepping for our awards banquet (which is tomorrow) and working on the DVD slideshow for that (another huge time gobbler).

We lost our last two chickens over the past two months. One to illness and the other to a hungry bobcat. After getting through the "mourning" period, we went to the feed store to buy more chicks and ended up with SIX. :faint: They're about a month old now and soon to be booted out of the kids' bathroom, where they've been living in a cardboard box, and into the more spacious accommodation of the coop. I have no idea what their names are since those seem to change daily.

I've also been working on the youth lacrosse league issues (which I was supposedly "hired" to create their website, marketing materials, etc.). And I'm trying not to let that take up much time since the owner hasn't paid any of us yet for the work we've done. Kind of annoying to have to ride out someone else's growing pains.

easy child just turned 13 at the beginning of this month, so it's official: I've lost all my marbles and am now the parent of THREE TEENAGERS. :winks:

The difficult child's are doing O.K. difficult child 1 is at risk of failing two classes. I resigned myself to him repeating them next year and was completely burned out over constantly monitoring his work. I told husband as much and he's since stepped up and really taken charge of the situation, so my stress level over that is a lot better and I've detached. It's kinda fun to watch husband tear his hair out over things I've been dealing with in difficult child 1 for years. Welcome to my world, dear!

I hope everyone here is well or on their way towards it. Going to try to catch up on stuff here and now that the school year is winding down, I hope to have more time to visit more often!

Hugs to all!

Star*

call 911........call 911
So what happend with the chicken in the bar????? I think she must have a tonic and water........and?????? GOOD TO SEE YOU.

buddy

Glad to hear from you! THREE teenagers at once??? I would lose my ever loving mind. But sounds like things are going pretty well....that is wonderful.

Sorry about the chickens....

Hope you have a wonderful summer!

T

TeDo

GCV, glad to hear from you. You really have too much on your plate lady! I hope things slow down a little (preferably a LOT) for the summer???? Oh, and I thought having two hormonal teenage boys was bad. Glad I'm not in YOUR boat......I'd grab a lifejacket and SWIM back to shore....LOL

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
Hah! Hah! I'm so glad you are back and doing well. When will I EVER learn to trust that things are okay, and there has been no disaster?
Now that you are posting again, I can gloat that I am going to Italy this week. Remember how you tortured us on FB about your trip to New Orleans??? Nah, nah, nah, nah!!!

witzend

I thought we were going to get a casserole recipe! I'm glad to hear that things seem to be running smoothly for you. It all sounds rather wonderfully "normal". ;)

FWIW, I'd go on strike until there was some sort of pay-day on the LaCrosse front. That's me, though...

TerryJ2

After reading about the deceased chickens, the new chickens, lacrosse, and the gourmet food truck, this is what stood out above all:
I've lost all my marbles and am now the parent of THREE TEENAGERS.