So this is where everyone is!

everywoman

When easy child moved out, I tore down a wall and created a den/office. When he came home after college, he had to sleep on an air mattress. That got him looking for his own place really quickly. Then I knocked a hole in the back of the house and built a deck. Ashley has moved into Tripp's room. Jana says she is never leaving again--lol, she's afraid we won't have anywhere if she needs to come home.

DammitJanet

Welcome to PE. I think we are quite the unique and seasoned group myself. I really dont think there is anything we havent seen by now considering we have graduated from small kids up to adults...lol.

First when Jamie left home we got rid of the old broken down bunk beds from when the boys were kids. We then got a second hand bed for cory. When he left home the first time, we got rid of that bed. When he came home with his girlfriend, he had no bed and they had to sleep on the family room sofa's or on air mattresses.

Kathy813

Staff member
Hi Nancy!

Now that you are here I will have to post more! LOL

We changed difficult child's room into an office for husband after she left home. She still refers to it as "the room that was formerly my room." AFter easy child left for college, I redecorated her hot pink and black decor to a beautiful guest room that easy child says looks like a "grandma's room."

When difficult child moved back in to go to school, she moved into easy child's old room. She asked if she could put up posters and I told her no because her stay was only temporary. :D

Yup, you'll like it here in the PE forum.

Kathy

N

Nomad

Helllloooo Kathy....enjoyed your post!

Seems we have much in common! LOLOLOLOL!!!!

Just the other day in class someone mentioned, how during the "empty nest," many women suffer from depression. I raised my hand and said that was NOT the case for me!!!!! :water_happy:

Kathy813

Staff member
Hi Nomad,

I'm glad you enoyed my post! Come to Georgia sometime and you are welcome to stay in my new guestroom. :rofl:

Just the other day in class someone mentioned, how during the "empty nest," many women suffer from depression.

I have decided that is a myth. I don't know a single woman my age that got depressed when their children grew up and moved out. It's more like party time!:party-mini:

~Kathy

Last edited:

Nancy

LOL Kathy, I am already planning out my redecorating scheme for her room. Can't wait to get the posters off the wall and fill in the holes and rip up the carpeting.

Nancy

Snow White

On the Mad Tea Party Ride
Wow! I can't believe it has been almost five years since I have last been here. Some of the names are still the same. I guess if we made it to the Parent Emeritus level, it means we survived adolescence!!!!!!!

The more things change, the more they stay the same. Our difficult child turned 18 early this year but before she could graduate from high school, she quit. She has discontinued all her psychiatric medications. After all the years of diagnoses and testing, it finally appears that her main diagnosis is borderline personality disorder. And detachment is mandatory. husband is finally getting it. It has been a really long haul - she has been in and out of residential care and in trouble with the law.

She has recently moved out of town with a female friend she has known for a couple of years. But she never fails to call or manipulate when she needs money, etc. She is on and off with work - says she has endometriosis or ovarian cysts or cancer (whatever suits her) and can't work but she can take off to meet some guy she met on the internet and squander away $400 in the blink of an eye. She stayed at our house for a couple of days recently; drank as much liquor as she could find, went through our personal belongings in our bedroom, trashed whatever annoyed her, etc.

So, we have instituted some new rules. If she wants to stay at our house, she has to be on medications and in therapy - no exceptions. We will meet for coffee, dinner, etc. but away from the house. We do not answer her telephone calls after 10 pm.

She came back into town on Friday and all of a sudden, today she needs a place to stay because her ride back ditched her. She wanted to stay at home for a few days or I could pay for a hotel. I said I would do neither. I called a youth hostel and phoned her back with the details. Told her if she had enough money to come to the city to go night-clubbing, then she had money to pay for a bed at a hostel. She whined and got mad but in the end, she said she would go.

It is very hard to let go but difficult child has to learn the rules of life. And my husband and I are finally enjoying some well-deserved quiet time.

donna