So, this is where it stands

F

flutterbee

I told difficult child last night and it was 4 hours of sobbing, begging and pleading. There were a couple of times where I wondered if I was going to have to put her on suicide watch.

So..

What we've come up with is a contract and a schedule. This is her absolute last chance. We have resources in place. Her tutor is going to come on her own time Mon-Thurs of this week from 11-2 to help difficult child get caught up and to help her break things down into a manageable level. Her tutor went through the same kind of anxiety as difficult child so she can better relate.

I was feeling really good about it.

Then I gave the contract and schedule to difficult child. She had questions about the schedule which would have been ok if she wasn't yelling. And the contract ticked her off. "My own mother doesn't trust me." Well, no. Not when you've made promise after promise and have not kept any of them. Which is what I told her.

I told her she's not acting like a kid that wants to do this. That this is not up for debate and she can either sign it or we re-enroll her tomorrow at her home district. I told her I'm not doing this anymore and that this is it - her absolute last chance.

So, it's sink or swim. We'll see how it goes.

Thank you for all the support.

Last edited by a moderator:

Janna

Glad she signed it. Good for you, Heather! Sticking to it, so hard - but you know you can!

I hope she follows through. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

F

flutterbee

It went wonderful today. Wynter's tutor is just amazing. I came home from a doctor appointment and there was my daughter taking notes. :surprise: I've been trying and trying to get her to take notes and here she is doing it for someone else all on her own. I told Wynter that my job would be so much easier if I wasn't her mom, apparently. She said I was right. :hammer:

I guess that's just how she shows she loves me. :faint:

She worked really hard today without complaint and accomplished *a lot*. I'm really feeling encouraged.

Steely

Sending many positive wishes and vibes both of your way. Continue to be strong and let her behaviors direct your decisions.
Whichever path she chooses, I know will be the right one........it is just hard for us to enforce their choices, and then stand by and watch.
Hugs.

Josie

I'm glad she had a good day.

I am homeschooling difficult child 2 and I've had to get different teachers for a few subjects. I can work with her on certain ones, but others give her so much anxiety that she does better with someone else.