So, uhmmm, I rec'd a phone call.....

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
from respite staff this afternoon. This gentleman holds the phone up so I can hear kt in a full blown rage directed at this staff person.

And he proceeds to ask me "do you hear how your daughter is talking to me?". :hammer: :crazy: :hammer:

Okay, I'm pretty sure that not just any child is sent to respite. In fact, I'm fairly sure that it's some of the more "challenging" children - of course, I could be wrong. Don't think so though.

So .... I'll call head of respite tomorrow with my concerns over this gentleman. I don't think he's cut out for this type of employment. :crazy:

Can you believe this?? :rofl:

mstang67chic

Going Green
*SNORT* Um yeah.......we send our kids to respite because they are perfect little angels and we just want some selfish time to ourselves. Helloooooooo......do these people not get training/warning ahead of time about the types of kids they will be providing respite for? It's not like you have some action packed weekend and you just need a sitter. Geesh! Kind of an omg moment but hilarious in it's own little way.

:smile:

jannie

trying to survive....
Linda--It's one thing after another !! :hammer: What exactly did this man want you to do? Did he think calling you would calm her down?

I sure hope she's totally calm before she comes home this evening- Sending positive thoughts for a calm evening.

Linda,

At least we got a LAUGH :rofl: out of this!!! :rofl: I'm LMAO!!! :rofl: ...

To say he isn't cut out for this type of employment is a major understatement :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:!!!

I wonder how he would have done at my house today... difficult child 2 is in one of his "BEST" moods :grrr:...

Anyway, thanks again for the :rofl:!!! WFEN

Steely

:mad: What a weasel.
To ask - "Do you hear how your daughter is talking to me?"
To which my only reply could be - "Uh.........duh.........why do you think I need respite?????"
Man.....his rear needs to be hitting the door.

F

flutterbee

My response:

Is she bleeding? No? Are you bleeding? No? So, why are you calling me?

Sorry she was less than easy child. :rolleyes:

Marguerite

I can just picture the scene at respite now - "Young lady, if you don't calm down FAST, I'm going to ring your mother!"

If his understanding was so poor, I wonder why she was raging - maybe he didn't understand that there are some things you just do do with these kids, such as give ultimatums...

I'd be talking to kt about it. Not that it's right for her to be raging like that, but at least asking her to describe her version of events.

Marg

SnowAngel

We dont receive respite,however I have gotten calls from the school.The week before school started I sat down with the counselors,principals and school psychologist who asured me I would never get a phone call. I just sit on the phone and say "yes, I know how he is. Why do you think I informed you before school started?" I cant work per his Dr because of his behavior.

Makes you question who is trying to help these kids when they ask stupid questions. I was always told there are no stupid questions, yeah well this guy asked one. These kids live with you and as a parent you take more verbal abuse from them then anybody else they come in contact with.I find it a little scarey that a staff member doesnt understand what they are dealing with when the childs info should have been given before hand.

I agree with you. I would be calling his supervisor,childs case manager and the respite director. Respite I thought was to give the parent a much needed break. Cant imagine you get much of a break if they cant handle problems that arise on their own. I am sorry this guy tried ruining your peaceful day.

Wiped Out

Staff member
:hammer: :rofl: :hammer: Honestly! :hammer: Glad you'll be calling the head of the respite tomorrow!

busywend

Why the nerve of kt to talk to him that way!!!

:rofl: :rofl:

He thinks he is special to her!

Thinks he was shocking you!!

Thought you could do something about it.

Poor guy is misinformed. Someone dropped the ball on making sure respite knew what kt was about. And even what is going on with you. Like you need to get this type of call while dealing with your illness.

:hammer:

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Good Grief. :faint:

Someone might want to consider a career change. :rofl:

Sorry you're having to put up with such nonsense when you're supposed to be resting.

Hugs

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
I can't stop giggling. Too funny. Sorry you had to interupt your bonbons and sherry (as if) for that call. Like everyone else said isn't the point of respite so you don't have to listen to that for a bit.

Beth

Sara PA

I got the same sort of call from a partial hospitalization program once. I was suppose to run right out to pick up my son because he was out of control. I couldn't believe it. "Why do you think he's there? If he didn't have that problem he wouldn't be there." was my response.

No kidding!

Like getting a call from a hospital, where your diabetic grandma is having problems.

"Can you believe the nerve of your Nana! Her blood sugar is rising!"

This guy has a great career ahead of him at the DMV.

susiestar

Roll With It
Man, the pay for that job must be really bad if that is all they can do when she rages!!

I do agree that someone needs to ask kt what was going on.

Was she with this idiot all weekend? Wonder what she did to him, I know my difficult child would have messed with his mind something fierce.

Sorry he interupted you with this nonsense. Call the head of respite and whomever else is appropriate. Or have husband do it.

Hugs,

Susie