So we got 8 in. Of snow. Any other bad weather?

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
A friend in the next town over from where I lived up North says they got 20" of snow.

We've just had a steady, cold drizzle/rain for the last two days, which we really need, though my arthritis is killing me.

There was a tiny bit of sleet mixed in with the rain yesterday when I ran errands, but nothing that stuck.

Temps are about 15-20 degrees below normal at the moment, though.

I'm plain sick of the cold weather, though.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
I'm just glad we didn't get accumulating snow HERE. My right shoulder is so hosed I don't think I could clean snow off my car here.

I don't know WHAT I would've done up North, other than :censored2: about having to pay to have my roof shoveled off...AGAIN! LoL!

Pink Elephant

We've had a few really late snowfalls in the past few weeks, snowfalls amounting to several inches with each storm. Totally uncharacteristic for us as of the month of April.

Go away winter!

AppleCori

We have had several snows this April.

All the neighborhood kids made a giant snow-Sphinx in the yard. It was awesome, but it’s gone now. More snow to come, though!

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
We've broken a few records you guys, and the lakes around us are still iced over!

Lake Michigan is open, but you can't drive on any of the roads skirting her. 14 foot waves. Wouldn't want to be out on the Lady right now, that's for sure. My mother said Lake Shore Drive in Chicago is under water, too.

Pink Elephant

Lake Michigan is open, but you can't drive on any of the roads skirting her. 14 foot waves. Wouldn't want to be out on the Lady right now, that's for sure. My mother said Lake Shore Drive in Chicago is under water, too.
The amazing part, we were still seeing vehicles out on the lakes as late as last week, which is dangerous in itself, but even more so with the ice being compromised through temperature change and thickness. Just such a risky thing to tempt.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
The amazing part, we were still seeing vehicles out on the lakes as late as last week, which is dangerous in itself, but even more so with the ice being compromised through temperature change and thickness. Just such a risky thing to tempt.

When I lived up North, surrounded by lakes, we had several go in every year, both in early and late winter. Not just vehicles, but shanties as well. They posted warnings about bad ice up there, but people would just ignore them.

Pink Elephant

When I lived up North, surrounded by lakes, we had several go in every year, both in early and late winter. Not just vehicles, but shanties as well. They posted warnings about bad ice up there, but people would just ignore them.
Sad part about it is, some fisherman leave their shoddy fishing shanties (huts) on the ice to sink, and that really chaps my behind.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Sad part about it is, some fisherman leave their shoddy fishing shanties (huts) on the ice to sink, and that really chaps my behind.

Yeah. They do that in N. WI as well. But in this case I'm talking nice, purpose-built shanties that have heaters, and lights, and all that. They are like little camping trailers and cost a few thousand dollars.

They don't let THOSE sink on purpose...they're just idiots.

Snowmobilers are idiots too. (You probably call them snow machines.) At least some of them.

The night I was rushed into the hospital with an intestinal blockage, an ambulance came in carrying a dead guy...and his head. He'd been running on posted land and hit the pipe strung between two irrigation setups.

The really sad thing is that the area in which I lived has the most extensive network of snowmobile trails in the USA.

pasajes4

We had a huge hail storm on Friday thr 13th. It came one day after the 3nd anniversary of the hail storm that took ouy my roof, windows, and totaled my car. I did not have any damage this time around. I am so thankful.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
We have 4" of snow and it's still coming down. The maintenance guys from the complex were out shoveling and chopping away, so I guess we're getting ice as well.

I stuck my nose out the door, but that's as far as I've been.