So we got his DNA test back. Wow. Want to guess??

BusynMember

There are three breeds. Two make sense.

He is 3 years and 9 lbs. He will bite if you touch his face so we have to let the groomer wipe his tears off his cheeks. He was an abused dog who needed serious surgery (he was born with a spinalsdisorder called AtlantoAxial Instability) but isidoing wellw He used to be scared all the time but is in general extremely friendly, loving and sweet now...just dont put water on his face lol. We love Jackson to the moon.

Attachments

• MVIMG_20190105_173251.jpg
    MVIMG_20190105_173251.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 248
  • MVIMG_20190107_185522.jpg
    MVIMG_20190107_185522.jpg
    216.5 KB · Views: 229
Last edited:

Lil

Hmmm. Not sure what else he could be. Some type of terrier? Not Rat...then maybe Jack Russell? Or perhaps Papillion with those ears. :)

BusynMember

He isnt a terrrior. But he is one other small breed and a bigger breed that had us laughing.

I hate those tear stains. He is really a very handsome boy. Very personable too if you dont touch his face!

Lil

My first thought had actually been Chi and Doberman. :)

Boston's tear quite a lot but he doesn't look Boston and they're a terrier. Beagle?

BusynMember

Ok. I will tell you, Lil.

He is 78 percent chihuahua

11 percent Minpin, which we thought he was mostly

And last? This little bitty guy is 9 percenyt Chow Chow.

We really laughed at the Chow Chow part. Cant see any Chow Chow!

BusynMember

His trainer thought he was mostly MinPin. He honestly looks more MinPin than chihuahua.

I wish he would let us wash his face. He must have had some trauma with somebody touching his face.

Triedntrue

I was going to guess dachshund. His face kind of looked like one i knew. I have a 90% rottie that my Difficult Child rescued when he saw someone kicking her but she doesnt seem to have any temperament problems. In fact she is a hugger and cuddles with my grandaughter who she adores. We did have to fix a medical problem which cost about 3000 dollars. I took her when Difficult Child was in jail and told him since we had spent all that money we were keeping her. He is always rescuing animals.

BusynMember

I love those who rescue needy animals. Thank you for savong the sweet pup.

Our rescue had $6000 surgery but his condition would have killed him if we had not had. It done. We postpomed traveling south as an RV snowbird couple to afford this and wait until he heeled. Next year we will all travel but he comes first.

This little boy is very specialto my heart.

Your son sounds as if he has a good soul, problems and all.

Triedntrue

Yes he does. My favorite story was when he was a teenager and had a friend who kept letting their cats have kittens but didn't take care of them so he kept bringing them home to my mom. She developed altheimers and i had to tell him no more cats. He couldnt bring them to me because i was very allergic. So i picked him up one day and said no kittens right? Right. Not in your pockets or anything? Nope. Two blocks later i hear meow. He had it up his sleeve. He got his uncle to take that one. One escaped from my mom and was adopted by the people up the street.

susiestar

Roll With It
He is adorable. Is there a reason he is tearing up so much that his face needs to be wiped/cleaned regularly? You might look into some type of clicker training where he gets a treat for letting you get close to his face, then work up to touching/cleaning his face. Often it takes work to teach an abused animal to trust again. Usually it is worth it.

BusynMember

We have a trainer and he is better in most areas but not his face yet. I have had a lot of dogs with tears. I am always told its allergies. No matter what he isnt ready for anythi g to put put in his eyes. But we are making progress!