So what do you think of this?

Californiablonde

Thanks, ladies. You all made me feel better. I watch a lot of real life murder mysteries and I think I am letting my imagination get the best of me. It's at times like this that I really wish I had a man in the house!

InsaneCdn

I'm glad I have TWO men and TWO dogs in our house.

500+ lbs of lean, mean muscle is a nice safety net... and I always have at least two of the four!

Californiablonde

You're lucky. I am in no way ready to get married, but I do miss having someone there for protection. As far as getting a dog, we live in an apartment complex and the only dogs we're allowed have a weight limit of 30 pounds. A small dog wouldn't make to good of a guard dog I'm afraid.

Jody

I don't know about that, seen some vicious chihuahua's, and the only dog I've ever been bitten by is a dacshund. By Broady is 70lbs plus and will roll over for everyone to rub his belly stranger or not (wuss) but Nyla my cocker spaniel pup, i think is going to be the little guard dog.

buddy

LOL! Of my two dogs you'd better not tick off the little 12lb. The 50 lb. dog seems to invite everyone in and never barks. A show I watched on home safety said the size of the dog doesn't matter. Bad guys skip the noisy dog houses and go to the easier ones. A bad guy gave my grandma's dog ( big OL' lab) a frozen dinner from her freezer and he loved it (grandma walked in on them and talked him into leaving ). I really think no one is bothering with your clock but if you ever do want a dog there are lots of tough looking little lovers.