So what is your fashion for....

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
when you are sick. I have a double ear infection along with an incredibly sore throat (no visits with the tweedles:()

I'm sitting here in a pretty pink nightgown with a huge navy blue hoodie sweatshirt, navy blue knee socks & big fuzzy slippers. To top it off I have one of kt's old Hello Kitty winter scarves around my neck.

My hair is standing out in all directions. It's good that I don't have to go out anywhere but at this point I don't think I would care.

I'm the picture of fashion & waiting for the antibiotic to kick in.

So what is your "I'm going to die" outfit? (I'm not posting pictures so don't ask.)

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
(I'm not posting pictures so don't ask.)

Awww why not?? :rofl:

I'll don sweats...........comfy old sweat pants and a heavy sweatshirt. If that's not enough I'll add a heavy brown cartigan that I have. Thick socks are a must. And my hairstyles pretty much match yours. I could care less how I look when I'm sick.:sick:

Hope you start feeling better soon.

(((hugs)))

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Well, I don't care much when I'm healthy, LoL. I usually wear men's pajama bottoms with a t-shirt in warmer weather, and ratty old sweats in colder weather.

Our WalMart has a grocery section. I've been known to go there in my "houseclothes".

I can assure you that I'm not the only one, either.

This seems to be a "cultural" thing

smallworld

Linda, I had foot surgery 3.5 weeks ago, and I'm in a cast up to my knee until October 20. It's warm here in the Difficult Child metro area so I'm sitting on the couch (with my leg up, of course) in gray sweat shorts and a t-shirt. My t-shirt reads, "EAT SLEEP WORK OUT." I can't do the last one (that's how I tore my tendon in the first place), but I can sure keep doing the first two.

Hope you feel better soonest.

crazymama30

My bright orange lounge pants with the 7 dwarfs on them, an old ratty T shirt, warm socks and a fleece blanket. Sometimes 2 of them.

witzend

Don't forget the part where you breathe through your mouth instead of your nose. That's always so attractive...

muttmeister

I have 2 pairs of french terry pajamas. I don't wear them to bed (I only wear underpants there...too much information I expect) but I wear them around the house whether I'm sick or not. One pair is orangy-pink and the other is a kind of chartreuse green. I wore the orange ones to the post office today. Luckily there was nobody there but the worker (she is an old neighbor and has seen me look much worse!)

KTMom91

Sweatpants, a stretched-out T-shirt, fuzzy socks, my lamb blanket (it's woolly, with a sleeping lamb face embroidered on one corner), and however many other fleece blankets I need. Hair in a ponytail to keep it out of my way, and a large cup of nice hot tea sitting on the table.

everywoman

Right now I have on a pair of fleece pj pants---bright stripped with orange, pink, read and blue vertical stripes. And a blue comfy long sleeve top. It is 85+ degrees here and husband has the air on and I alternate between freezing and burning up. No socks---rainbow flipflops when I get out of bed to walk to the bathroom.

I wear board shorts and a sweatshirt and my hair in a baseball hat- to hide my witchs' hair. This is what I'm wearing right now though, but with a t-shirt. Linda, I hope you feel better soon!

donna723

Hope you're feeling better soon, Linda.

I WISH I could stay in PJ's all day! And I could too if I didn't have dogs to walk! At home I wear whatever sloppy old comfortable thing I can find and I sleep in it too. And in the evenings when I'm winding down, the bra comes off too. But I'm only a half block from Main Street and those dogs all have to be walked on a leash so I can't stay inside. I've taken them out bra-less in an old t-shirt and jeans or shorts (me, not them!) sometimes late at night or very early in the morning when it's still dark. But the world is not ready for the sight of me walking a dog bra-less or in PJ's in broad daylight! If I ever did, sure as anything there would be somebody turn down my street and drive right past me!

flutterby

Fly away!
I live in my jammies - pants and a matching top (usually matching) - so it wouldn't be any different.

I almost hate having to get dressed in real clothes anymore to go somewhere and as soon as I get home, they come off and jammies go back on.

There was a point in my life where I wouldn't dream of doing this.

Oh, well.

susiestar

Roll With It
I wear a big nightshirt with Winnie the Pooh on it and snuggle up in a soft blanket. It my throat hurts or I have a cough I will have a pen or pencil stuck on my ear so I can write instead of talking.

I also have at least one heated rice bag on my aching body. Esp on my chest - helps with the cough.

mstang67chic

Going Green
Ugh...hope you're feeling better soon Linda. Although your ensemble sounds quite fetching! ;)

Depending on the weather, I will wear a t-shirt and pj pants or a pair of mens boxers that I bought for pj's. In the winter if I'm sick, it's baggy sweats, a t-shirt and a hoodie (with pockets for kleenex) and a pair of those thick grey work socks with the red at the top. A friend of mine bought me a twin size micro-fleece blanket a few years ago to wrap up in when I read and that is always with me whether I'm on the couch or in bed. I actually almost took that to Cleveland with me! LOL

Wiped Out

Staff member
Jammies or sweats and lots of blankets! Fuzzy socks that probably don't match anything else I am wearing.

Hope you are feeling better soon, Linda!

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
I always figure that if one half of the ensemble is solid color and the other part his print...I'm dressed.

I think it's the AS, but I'm so bad that husband used to come with me to pick out my work clothing.

I just have no concept, LoL

Mattsmom277

Double yuck on the double ear infection. As someone prone to them (I'm known for inner and outer infections in both ears at the same time ... went deaf in one ear and inflamed the facial nerve, bringing me a stay in the CCU) I totally sympathize.

I have a massive pj collection. Its tradition when I get seriously ill or go into a MS flare, that I get new pj's to console myself. This past 2 years has been awful. I am proud owner of over 50 pairs of pj's. Um .... yeah!

My favorite ensemble is flannel pj's, fuzzy bright (florescent) fuzzy warm socks, easy child's oversize slippers (they look like puffy running shoes from a Fat Albert cartoon) and old battered oversized hoodies belonging to (and smelling of) my S/O. My hair tends to go Medusa style. So I throw it in a crazy twist that rests on top of my head and tumbles all about. Add my glasses (easy child calls them "nerd glasses" ... S/O says they are "sexy librarian chic" lol) and the entire gettup is more on the line of Crazy Cat Lady.

Odd thing, I'm not ill right now but I'm similarly attired. I cant' believe at this stage that my S/O is hunting for greener pastures.

Get well soon!

trinityroyal

Linda, sorry that you're feeling so yucky. Get well soon.

Let's see...
Bright orange pyjama bottoms with stars and moons and swirls in various clashing colours, T-shirt stolen from Little easy child's collection, with a ninja?? on it, ancient hairy sweater with misshapen buttonholes, that doens't quite come to my waist, and old brown clogs from about 1978. Hair in pigtails, just like Laura Ingalls from nLittle House on the Prairie.

And I don't even have the excuse of being sick. That's just my typical Sunday round-the-house wear...

Marguerite

Depends on whether it's winter or summer, but generally if I'm feeling feverish, winter-ish wear is more likely.

If I'm feeling like death, I wear bright colours, especially red. I have two pairs of fleecy PJ's. One is pale blue with white stars, the other is bright red with Snoopy on them.

I try to get dressed even if I'm really sick, it makes me feel a little better if I'm at least wearing street clothes. But if I'm too sick, then I'll stay in PJs and throw on my burgundy velour robe. If I'm wearing street clothes but feelnig really cold and feverish, I'll throw on my green silk hooded coat (I've worn this in the snow, it's so warm, and the silk feels so soft and luxurious). I bought this some years ago at an op-shop and it's falling apart. I've hand-stitched the loose areas back to the wadding lining, it really looks tatty. But it's comfortable. Then I'll pull on my long ugg boots, they're knee-high. I wear them everywhere in winter (except in the wet).

If it's summer, I'll wear my floaty white muslin frilly nightie, with the matching muslin robe. I look like a cross between a white lampshade and Lady Macbeth, but it feels soft and cool. The frills are loose in places because they snag on everything. The gown does up with lots of tiny little bows... floaty, romantic and when I wear it I feel like if I die, nobody has to do a thing. I'm already wearing my shroud!

How it feels is very important when I'm really sick - I hurt to touch. But colour is also important, if I'm conscious enough to care.

Marg