So, Whats a 31 yr old married psychologist...

lovemysons

doing with my 21 year old difficult child son? I JUST can't figure it out. They've been dating for about 2 months. They see each other EVERY day and NOW they plan on moving in together in like a week or 2. difficult child son, Josh, has only been seperated from his wife about 3 weeks when he meets up with this gal. And she, has been married for the past 8 years and is Leaving her husband for my son.

Why in the world would a 31 year old woman go after a 21 year old with quite literally Nothing to offer her? I just don't get it.

Any thoughts?
Tammy

SRL

Just because she's a psychologist doesn't mean she has her head on straight.

The drive to have someone who demonstrates care (physical, emotional, sexual) can overpower common sense anytime, anywhere.

lovemysons

SRL, ya my aunt seems to think it is because they are both at their "sexual peak".
I don't know. He, Josh, says that she is more of a caregiver than his wife was. She brings over lotions and rubs his back and is even buying him hair gel.
She's not ACtually Using her degree in the field right now. She works at a upscale salon applying makeup. She drives a BMW, which of course, excites difficult child as well as the fact that she has fake boobs! lol
Anyway, I just (clearing my throat), don't Get It! lol

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Myabe because she is a Psychologist she has a *need* to be with people who she thinks she can fix. Know what I mean?
Lots of people especially women... who are in these fields, a lot of medical fields where they help people, end up in relationships with people who need to be fixed.
Also it takes away from her having to look at her own issues.... Just a thought.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Oh THIS sounds like a relationship that has been well-thought out and built for the long haul.... YIKES! Maybe they're both colorblind and can't see that the waving flags are all RED? Raging sex hormones will do that to ya ;)

trinityroyal

Toto, you read my mind.

I was going to say that she's looking for someone to rescue, and difficult child is looking for someone who will rescue and nurture. (The BMW and the fake boobs are just an added bonus...)

No other sane explanation comes to mind.

lovemysons

Totoro and trinityroyal, Now I think we're gettin somewhere. It does make sense to me that she has a need to be with people that she thinks she can "fix". And the rescue and nurture part makes sense too. This is a guy who still sleeps with his light on...I can only imagine the real hidden fear my son had while he was locked up for 2 years in county jail and prison rehab. Now he has someone who wants to take care of him and she can fullfill her own needs of caregiving while maybe her husband of 8 years just really doesn't need her anymore...hmm.

Thanks for all your thoughts. Should be interesting to see how this plays out.
Tammy

Stella Johnson

Just because she has a psychology degree doesn't mean she's all there.:tongue:

I went to high school with a girl whose mother was a social worker and dad was a psychiatrist. They had the most screwed up family I have ever seen. All of their kids were drug addicts.

I think you are right, maybe she thinks she can "fix" him. She's still on the high of a new relationship and has her head to far up her ^&$ to see what she is getting into.

I'm sure difficult child thinks he is hot stuff now too. lol She is a better "caregiver"? Is he looking for a mommy or a girlfriend?:D

steph

DDD

easy child/difficult child tells me that "many" females around here who have nice cars, nice places of their own, good jobs etc. are eager to hook up with him. He told me last week "maybe I need to consider one of them instead of the girls younger than me who expect me to support them". Could sound very appealing to the underachieving handsome young men???

on the other hand, our adult children know a bunch of females who "have it all" but delayed romance until they reached their goals. Now..they are single, lonely, goodlooking and ready to reproduce and the "good guys" their age
are all taken. Could be??

Our boys are :alien:'s. Only time will tell. :whiteflag: DDD

susiestar

Roll With It
LMS,

I have NO idea what she wants, other than a cool guy who can "keep up" her. Sorry. I agree with the advice to stay out of the way on this one.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Well, since I've met more than my fair share of difficult child psychologists.......(and a couple of psychiatrists as well).........I'd say she doesn't have all her **** together anymore than your difficult child does. sheesh

Fran

Former desparate mom
You know, I can sort of understand a woman who wants more youth in her relationship but why would you pick one with no money, substance abuse issues, lives with mom and doesn't seem to have a thought about making his own future.

I'm betting this is a quickie fling that will burn itself out in 6 wks.

She has lots to lose when her husband finds out that his soon to be ex is having an affair with a 21yr old.

by the way, I agree that she doesn't have her head screwed on straight. Your difficult child is just the willing body that needs what she wants to give. She has control.

busywend

If you want him to stop dating her all you have to do is say to difficult child, "I had no idea you had such mommy issues."