So, Whats a 31 yr old married psychologist...

muttmeister

It seems to me that a lot of people who go into the mental health field do it because they have issues themselves.

I know the "cougar" thing is all the rage now and the sexual thing may work as women peak much later than men but surely she could find somebody with more "prospects."

If your difficult child is anything like mine, the best thing to do would be to say how wonderful she is. That would turn him off immediately.

lovemysons

Yall are probably right that she has issues of her own. She stays pretty guarded around me. We exchange "Hi, how are you's" every evening but that is usually about the extent of it. She just doesn't engage in conversation with me unless I initiate it and even then she keeps it very brief.

difficult child told me about a week ago that she HAD told her husband that she seeing someone and wanted a divorce...Last night I asked difficult child if she was coming over and he said, "Yes, she does everynight, why? I hope you like S cause as soon as I get my divorce from K and she gets her divorce from M we plan on getting married." I said, "Wow, don't you think maybe you should wait alittle while instead of jumping right into another marriage when the first one didn't work out/quickly fizzled?" Then she was knocking at the door.

I came downstairs alittle later to find them dining together: Salmon, fresh Asparagus and wine. She brought her lil dog over with her and he was beside her eagerly awaiting somee leftovers. I said, "Chester looks like he's ready to get some scraps"...She said, "He may eat off of my plate but won't be eating "scraps". "
Anyway she has this kind of snootiness about her that really disagrees with me. I think she is definitely the one in control of this relationship with difficult child and I think yall are right that I should probibly stay out of it. It may well be true that anything I say one way or the other may only push difficult child closer toward her.

She's not my favorite person.
Tammy

Star*

call 911........call 911
The scraps comment?

ROFLMAO - I would have retorted with -

"Well it's good enough for my son"...and left the room (her being the scrap):surprise:

But then again my tongue is a lethal weapon....

You need sassy? I can help - :faint:

lovemysons

Roflmao! Too funny Star.
Ya, I DID kinda wanna say well Excewewooze ME! But I didn't. lol

Ya, Paris Hilton comes to mind! She is SO superior dontchooknow! Roll eyes.

Yikes, his problem I guess. I have Never made anything better by butting into my sons' relationship business, ya know. So I probibly should keep my mouth shut...and just roll my eyes in the opposite direction of them.

Star*

call 911........call 911
So the next chance you get to introduce her -

Someone says "Well Tammy, what is her name?"

and you say "Her name? Her name is Skank hoe."

and then you say "Please make sure she gets a full plate - NO scraps."

donna723

So she's a bonafied 'Psychologist', meaning she has the doctorate degree and everything? I'm still wondering why someone like that is doing makeup in a beauty salon! Doesn't make sense! There's got to be more to this that you don't know yet! And how does someone who does makeup in a salon afford to live the high life, unless the husband she's dumping paid for it all. And once he's out of the picture, how does she expect this to continue when she's with your son?

This is sneaky, but there's ways to check up on her if she was a licensed Psychologist, not that it will make much difference but .... Go to your state's official website, it should be www.state.XX.us - use the 2-letter abbreviation for your state in place of the X's. Go to the Dept. of Health section and there should be a subsection for disciplinary actions taken against licensed professionals, by category - MD's, dentists, nurses, psycholoigists, etc. You can put in her name and see if she's lost her license or had any kind of disciplinary action for inappropriate conduct with patients, etc. You'd be surprised what you can find there sometimes!

Lothlorien

You know, I can sort of understand a woman who wants more youth in her relationship but why would you pick one with no money, substance abuse issues, lives with mom and doesn't seem to have a thought about making his own future.

Because he's young enough and has doesn't have enough that she can mold him to what she wants and support him just enough to keep him in line. This is a very calculated thing. She's in control....all the way around.

lovemysons

Hi donna,
No. She doesn't have her Masters yet only Bachelors and she did tell me that she wanted to go back to school so that she could do more in the field of psychology than she currently can.
I don't know her last name so I would have no way to look up background info on her. I have been told by difficult child that she and her husband own more than one home and that "he pays all the bills". No idea how she and difficult child plan on sustaining this "Uptown" lifestyle they apparently are seeking.
I agree there is probibly LOTS more to her story...if they are together long enough I'm sure it will unfold.

Yes Lothlorien, She is VERY much in control.

donna723

If she told him she's a psychologist, she's stretching the truth quite a bit then. A bachelors degree in psychology isn't the same thing as a 'Psychologist'.

witzend

She's that snooty to you in your house? She and her dog should be glad they're not out on the scrap heap!

I think the others have a point that she needs to "fix" difficult child. At least she's not broke and out of work. Maybe he'll get alimony next time! You know, she could just want a little sumpin' sumpin'. (UGH!)

mom_to_3

I really feel for you. I can see nothing good coming of this at all and I certainly hear you about not interfering in your "adult" son's life. Buuuuuuuuttttttt.......

There is just a gross factor involved for me that this "Skank Hoe" (thanks Star) is even allowed in YOUR home. Notice that I said home, not brothel. Why would she be bringing lotion into your home to "rub your son's back?" Why are they dining in your home? The least they could do is go to a restaurant and then rent a room elsewhere. Do you all just sit around and act like nothings going on when she's there? Why would she be allowed in your home if she is rude/snotty/disrespectful towards you? I find all of this nervy and blatantly disrespectful to your family.

Tammy, I hope you are not offended by what I said. I think you are one of the sweetest posters on this board. Just "my" food for thought.

Star*

call 911........call 911
You know - Mom2/3 just said something I thought but forgot in the midst of picking out the perfect name...

Why INDEED is she coming to YOUR home dining, and bumping uglies? I get that thing my home is your home thing but NOT at his age and NOT with a very much older woman, and NOT if she's eating off YOUR plates, sitting in YOUR chair, using YOUR utensils and freshing up YOUR son. 21 or not - that attitude would have gotten her the bums rush to the door -

(and her little dog too) EEEEEEEEEEEEhhhhhhhh heheheheheheheh

(could you perhaps throw water on her to see if she melts?)

lovemysons

Maybe yall are right. Maybe I should say something but what would be my justification...that I think she's snotty? She's not really disrespectful to me as much as she just displays this air of superiority, ya know.

difficult child and she DO plan on moving into their own apt by either next weekend or weekend after.

I'm not big on confrontations these days...I could run it past husband and let him be the "bad guy", lol, he doesn't mind confrontation.

mom_to_3

I think I would say something along the lines of................ we don't agree with you "dating" and "servicing" or being "serviced" by anyone in our home much less an older MARRIED female. I couldn't bring myself to say woman, because she isn't. Our children shouldn't be having sex or being sexual in our homes. If they are going to play adult games, the least they can do is pay like an adult. There should be some things that are private!

I also wanted to add that by allowing this in your home, you are making their adultry very easy for them. I have a huge moral issue with this and what if her husband came to your house to "take care of things"? I can see this becoming very ugly on so many levels.

Last edited:

susiestar

Roll With It
My thought on the lotion and back rubs etc... is what kind of example is it setting for your daughter?

Will you allow your daughter to have a boyfriend/girlfriend come and give HER a backrub (or whatever they are doing) when your daughter is young difficult child's age?

You can use the "example for your sister" to tell him that this is not going to go on. It is something that you need to talk to your husband about and then present a united front (like no boy/girl friends in the bedrooms, or in the den with-the door closed - only SPOUSES in the bedroom, or in a room iwth the door shut)

Cause this woman adn your difficult child CAN take this elsewhere, and thus NOT be rude to you in your home!

Hugs, honey

Stella Johnson

Sounds like it is time for Mr. Cougar Lover to find his own home. He is a grown up and can do as he pleases but not in my home.
Mrs. Cougar would not speak to me like that in my house.... but that's me.;) Dogs don't eat off of my plate either.:alien:

I wonder when reality is going to set in for her.

You guys sure you want your difficult child's living there? What does your husband think of this? Just curious.

steph

Marguerite

OK, I'm in Star's camp here, I'm probably about to offend a whole lot of people.

First, thirty-somethings on the prowl. I don't dignify them with the word "cougar" which, frankly, is rapidly going to become an offensive term in its own right.

What the H is a 30-something doing on the prowl? Especially when she's married? I will tell you - because she is already a repeat failure when it comes to relationships. She can't maintain a relationship once the passion passes. A younger male has passion. And don't be too sure it won't last - because the age difference MAY work in this direction.

As for stability - I apologist in advance to all the sane psychologists out there (both of you) but in my experience, the most unstable, paranoid, difficult people I have ever met have been psychologists. I'm not speaking professionally here, they seem to be able to hold it together in a consult. But when dealing with them in their personal lives - ratbags, the lot of them (except for you two).

I'd check the label on the bottle of lotion she was using on him - see if it says anything about "good for improving coat condition" on the label. Because to her, he's just another pet, a stray who followed her home and stayed because she fed him from her plate. She collects interesting things, cute fluffy wind-up toys that make her feel like a mother figure in control. The sex is a fringe benefit.

A friend of mine was similar - she was a teacher who had an affair with a 17 year old male student, while still married. When she threw her husband out he would cry on our shoulders about her but he would still go and babysit his kids for free so she could work without having to pay for childcare. He paid support for his kids, but she also drew a single parents pension with child care allowance (supposed to subsidise the cost of childcare). She got the house, she got the car - he had to ride a bicycle to work and to stay with the kids. Meanwhile her boyfriend finished school and moved in with her when he turned 18. I believe they (she and the schoolboy) are married now, 20 years later. They've had two more kids. I've met him a couple of times years ago but she and I only exchange letters these days.

So let him have his fling. Her reaction to you - she is jealous. You're his mother, and SHE wants to be. At 30, she's sublimating her biological clock by having sex with the child she wishes she had had.

Sick.

I'd be taking a leaf out of Star's book and refer to your son in canine terms around her. "Make sure you check that hairy little crittur for fleas. He had mange when he was in Kindergarten."

Marg

Last edited:

TerryJ2

"He may eat off of my plate but won't be eating "scraps".

Whoah. I hope she treats your son that well.

And Donna is right; a Bachelor's Degree in psychology simply means a BS in Psychology. Period.

Sigh.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Very true. I have one and it hasn't done me squat.:tongue:

"He may eat off of my plate but won't be eating "scraps".

Whoah. I hope she treats your son that well.

And Donna is right; a Bachelor's Degree in psychology simply means a BS in Psychology. Period.

Sigh.