So what's for breakfast??

Kathy813

Staff member
BBK & Beth ~Do you want to be my new best friends?

I can't believe all of these healthy eaters! I usually have a cup of coffee and a snack pack (3) of milano cookies for breakfast.

I least I use portion control. :rofl:

~Kathy

Can't live without breakfast....Today I had a blueberry whole wheat waffle and some green tea. Most days I have oatmeal, yogurt and fresh fruit. Sundays are a splurge day: Cinammon French Toast with lots of fresh fruit.

My kids have always hated breakfast, but I insist upon it. difficult child loves his Dad's scambled eggs with onion salt and lots of cheddar cheese. Not mine.... just his Dad's :smile: He doesn't know about the onion salt... easy child - he's an omnivore - he'll eat anything that's not moving ...

jamrobmic

On work days, I usually have an Uncrustable (preferably strawberry), and a diet Coke. Easy to fix and portable :smile:

On Sundays, it's usually eggs (husband makes very good scrambled eggs), bacon, sausage, or boneless pork chops, fried potatoes, toast or biscuits, and sliced tomatoes (husband got me hooked on tomatoes for breakfast-I think it's a southern thing, but I'm not sure. It's good, wherever it came from). Come to think of it, a biscuit sandwich made with sausage, tomato, and mustard is a pretty good breakfast, too.

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
What, doesn't anyone eat Oatmeal anymore?? I love Oatmeal, especially with Brown Sugar, or my next favorite Cream of Wheat..

I usually save eating eggs, fried potatoes and toast for lunch or dinner. In reading this post, I am now hungry so am off to my fav cafe to have some eggs

Marcie

trinityroyal

This may be a really silly question, but I'm curious now...what's an Uncrustable?

Whatever it is, if it has strawberries in it, it sounds good, but I just have no idea.

Thanks,
Trinity

Uncrustables are peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, already made, crusts cut off (thus the name), frozen, and individually packaged.

They come in grape or strawberry.

Technically, there is also a "grilled cheese" uncrustable.

You take it out of the freezer, let it thaw, and you eat it. My mom gives me a hard time because I get them for Tink. She calls me lazy.

Tink has such a weird food-texture thing, she won't eat the darn PBJ if I make it fresh.

Fine. More for me.

SRL

LOL, difficult child takes a PB sandwich nearly every day to school. I have to cut off the crust and then he spreads the PB on at school because he won't eat it any other way than fresh!

Star*

call 911........call 911
I had the Walmart equivalent of SlimFast called Equate low sugar shake just like a good adult.

Then ....I stole a brownie and fed my inner child. Did you know if you don't want someone to know you are not practice what you preach you CAN shove and entire brownie into your mouth and nod yes or no while looking somewhat blowfishy?

:rolleyes: (just like that)

Best of luck with the diet guru~! Guru!

trinityroyal

How very cool! I had no idea that you could buy already-made PB&J sandwiches. The "grilled" cheese sounds a bit iffy though.

I can certainly understand about weird food textures and difficult children. My difficult child doesn't like my homemade pizza, but he loves those pizza pockets that are like frozen pizza hockey pucks that you microwave.

I was the world's pickiest eater when I was a child, so I don't fault anyone for feeding their children something they'll actually eat.

Star, you can also do that with a rice krispie treat, although the cereal dust on the lips sometimes gives you away.

Trinity

Star*

call 911........call 911
I had started to get Cream of Wheat....then saw the Special K and a banana....on the way to the banana I found a pan of brownies (again) and then washed it all down with a slimfast. (Slimnever if you ask me)

tinamarie1

oh starbie...you crack me up. slimfast makes me want ice cream for some reason, so i have made mine into a chocolate shake on occasion..I know, I know, kinda defeats the purpose.
I don't like typical breakfast foods either really...although sometimes I like to have a bowl of that really bad for you cereal that my parents forbid in our house (fruity pebbles or captain crunch).
Usually I make an egg sandwich or eat cheese and crackers and some fruit. I have to wait until around 10:00 though to feel like eating.