So... you know how most kids with a...

tiredmommy

moderate fever (say, 101.8F), tend to be tired and somewhat lethargic? They probably even nap? Why doesn't my Duckie do that? Like ever? She almost seems energized, though I wouldn't quite call her manic or hyper. She gets crabby, yes, but doesn't need extra rest and keeps herself busy. Huh.:faint:

trinityroyal

And just when you'd hoped to have a little time to get things done...

Little easy child is like that as well. And I'm even worse. The first sign that I am getting sick is a burst of manic energy that lasts about 48 hours. I get more done in the day that I'm coming down with the flu than I can usually clear up in a week.

See if you can put her energy to good use. It might also help her sleep better, which will in turn help her get better faster.

Trinity

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Mine never did the rest thing unless their fevers were about 102 degrees.....it was how I used to tell their fevers were high. lol

Would Ducky settle down to a favorite Disney movie?

Hope she feels better soon.
Hugs

tiredmommy

Thanks everyone. She seemed to be on the mend earlier today but her cough has worsened and her temp has crept back up to a low grade fever (100.6). That's high enough to keep her home. Again. For the third day this week.

TPaul

Idecor8
We always gave our little darlings just a tad bit more tyenol than thier size indicated. Not enough to hurt them, but they would always rest a little more.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Hugs TM! The only thing that ever does throw my difficult child for a loop is a fever (not a real low fever but at 101.8 my difficult child would be totally wiped).

Lothlorien

When Missy's fevers are 101 or above, she's lethargic. She will sleep and stay down. When it drops below 101, she suddenly thinks she's all better and will be bouncing around the house, and doesn't understand why I want her to stay put, until it hits her hard again.

Try some Calms Forte during the day, to keep her calm and maybe sleep a little.

I hope she's feeling better.