Soap Operas

K

Kjs

So does anyone watch? Which ones do you watch? I don't often get a chance to watch, but read the updates.

Ironic isn't it. that those here with such full and challenging lives with difficult child's can put any soap opera to shame, yet we (I) still watch. Maybe for relaxation. Maybe just to shake my head and wish all my drama could be made into a television show...I'Learning Disability (LD) be rich.

If I ever get the chance i like One Life to Live and General Hospital. Bits and peices of Bold and the Beautiful and Y & R.

jal

I admit it - I watch when I can. My fav's growing up were All My Children, One Life to Live and General. They still are although I have gotten away from General. I tape All My Children And One Life to Live while I work and scan throught at night! Thank goodness difficult child goes to bed routinely at 8pm.

LittleDudesMom

I LOVE All My Children. I've been watching it off and on (when I was working full time I read the update for the week in the Saturday paper) since 1979! I've now gotten easy child hooked as well. I DVR it every day and usually easy child and I will watch it every other day or so to keep up!!

Kris (one of our long time members who passed away last year) loved All My Children and she and I used to chat about the storylines through pm - I miss that.

Sharon

Wiped Out

Staff member
I used to watch a lot when I was younger. The only one husband and I both continue to follow is All My Children. We always DVR it but don't always watch it. We always know what's going on though because The AMC website is his homepage! He still gets Soap Opera Digest. He is a huge Susan Lucci fan!

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I haven't watched a soap opera in about 16 years. I missed them at first, but not anymore. Has anything even changed on ALL MY CHILDREN? That one was my fave!

Abbey

Spork Queen
I get to watch Days of Our Lives about once a month. It's funny how you cannot watch yet nothing ever changes.

Abbey

amazeofgrace

A maze of Grace - that about sums it up
mmmmmmmmmmmm nope but i can turn on General Hospital and catch up after not seen it in 10 years, all the same, just different faces or older ones, LOL

everywoman

Who needs to watch soap operas when you work in a high school everyday...talk about interesting story lines and intrigue!!!

Actually I can remember the day that Laura and Luke got married. I was a freshman in college...an all girl's school...and the entire campus all screamed at one time when Scotty Baldwin caught the bouquet...the sound reverberated through dorms!