Social media

Nessie

It is a punch in the stomach when you think everything is running in the right direction and you read something that brings reality up close and personal.

I completely admire everyone here for all they have to endure.

Is it best to block them? Or like me, use social media to ensure their well being?

Littleboylost

Long road but the path ahead holds hope.
My son blocked us from his social media long ago. I used to check his I messenger app to see that he was still active and knew he was then ok. Ten I just cut his phone plan off when he was out on his own. It amazing the ways they can find to communicate.

Sam3

Checking his social media messaging was a way to horrify myself. They don't reveal that stuff to us for a reason. And maybe it's actually a good reason if these kids have problems handling shame. Quite apart from the more obvious solution which is

"Stop heaping it on yourself!!!"

BusynMember

Im not even sure they post the truth. They could be ramping it up for shady peers who would be impressed or to scare us.

I quit FB a while ago.

Kathy813

Staff member
I have never had a Facebook account because I didn't want to know what my daughter was up to. I am quite sure that she would have used it to try to manipulate us.

Ignorance can be bliss.

~Kathy