Softball championship

Nancy

difficult child's team won the girls 15-18 fastpitch softball championship yesterday. Back to back championships from last year.

We ended the season in 4th place out of 6 teams. We were the underdogs for sure, no one expected us to go far in the tournament. It was double elimination so after the second game we went into the losers bracket and battled our way back up. We had to win the next 3 games to get in the championship, and we did. The championship was yesterday, a double header against the first place team who only lost 3 games all season. Many of the other teams came to watch. We won the first game 19-9 and the second game 14-7. What a great victory. No one has ever come from that far behind to win. The girls were so excited and they deserved this so much. They ended up playing 7 games in 5 days, and winning six of them.

husband is the manager. We started out the season with a difficult child pitcher and a struggling team and by the end of the season everyone was hitting and working together as a team. difficult child did very well, she was our backup catcher and was the third best hitter on the team. Yesterday she caught two fly balls in center field to make the third out with bases loaded. She had 5 rbi's and made a great play on third base to chase the runner back to second and throw her out.

Several times during the season husband wanted to kick difficult child pitcher off the team for her attitude and disrespect. She missed games whenever she wanted and we had to call her every game and beg her to come. But we decided she was a difficult child who needed this stucture, her parents didn't come to one game, and she seems to have no support at home. I now understand what coaches have to deal with with our difficult child's. And I'm glad we stuck with her because I think this is something that she can look back on and feel good about and perhaps teach her something.

I'm exhausted and glad the season is over but I'm going to miss it too.

Nancy

blb

Wow Nancy, that's amazing re the championship

Reading some of your old posts, it really looks like difficult child has made sooo much progress from when I had last been on the board.

You must be thrilled :bravo:

meowbunny

How wonderful that the team did so well! A special thank you to your husband for sticking with the pitcher. I know how hard it is for the coaches and I know how much it ultimately means to the child who got to stay even when not deserved.

I hope the girls have a super celebration for their title!

Nancy

How nice to see you blb. Yes things have changed a lot since you were here last, thank goodness. We still have our moments and I'm still worried about her future but it's a different worry now, wishing she would go on to college but no longer worrying about her being in jail.

Nancy

Nancy,

as a former girl's softball player, this excites me to no end. I'm gonna date myself here and admit that this was before fast pitch became popular. Sigh.

Anyways, congratulations to difficult child & the other girls!