Some days its nice

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
to have a child that understands the value of a dollar. easy child and I just went to the good will store. I had stopped in the other day and mentioned to easy child that there were some dresses she might like for one of her formal dances. She decided she wanted to go look tonight. We bought two formals, two regular skirts and a top plus a book for me for $16.00. I can't believe how cooperative she is so often.

She is going on the very expensive trip at the end of the school year and it is nice seeing her show restraint. Truthfully she has always been conscious of spending money.

beth

mstang67chic

Going Green
Amazingly enough, that is one thing I've been able to get through to difficult child. Somewhat. When he shops, he looks for deals and will check clearance racks. We went coat shopping once and he was the one who found an awesome down coat with liner for $30!

That's not to say that he will whine and moan if he wants something no matter the price but he will, on occasion, show the smarts I know he has.

Good for her!

KTMom91

Miss KT heads straight for the clearance racks, and I'm so glad she does! Otherwise, she's pretty good about waiting until it goes on sale. She loves Goodwill, and found a beautiful formal for $12.

Andy

It does help a lot. difficult child wants Rock Band for Wii for Christmas. He just noticed that the original is quite a bit cheaper than the newest version so stated it would be o.k. if he got the cheaper one.

easy child has pretty much learned not to bother to ask for anything that is not on sale. She makes sure she lets me know how much I will save because she got it on sale.

My kids have taken it too far however. They think they just have to be able to get whatever they want if it is on sale. difficult child always looks for toaster strudels to be on sale and wants us to stack up on them when they are.