Some Good News For Nichole

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I've been worrying that she's only working at this factory as a temp......temps get laid off in Nov. Can you imagine her trying to make rent, pay bills........on boyfriend's unemployment of 200.00??

I know Nichole has been worried too. And she's done me proud by only missing 1 day of work since she started. (due to boyfriend) Always being on time. And always willing to do work no one else is eager to do. Plus she is first in line for overtime.

A couple of weeks ago they asked temps to man this new line. It's a whole new set up where she's inspecting the already made candles and glassware for flaws ect. Not many were eager for this line. Nichole was front and center. (and come home with crushed glass in her shoes every night) She's a hard, good worker who catches on fast.

The Plant head hauncho came in today and told those who were still on the line that all of them will be hired in the near future. They will continue to work on this "experimental now permanent" line. For Nichole that's another dollar raise.

Whew!!!!:D I know that's a HUGE relief for her.

I know this isn't what I'd like to see her doing. She has such potential. And the whole family is trying to encourage her to study and go ahead and take her EMT exam for her license. But even though I know she's capable of soooo much more, I'm darn proud of her. It's hard grueling work in an awful (hot) environment. She doesn't complain.

And boy is Mom releaved she's going to continue to have a job. :D

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good for her. She is improving her chances of success and financial independence the longer she sticks with it. Everyone starts at entry level with the crummiest jobs and hours. If she sticks with it she won't be entry level anymore.

Maybe boyfriend should get a job too.

katya02

Solace
Way to go, Nichole! Great to hear all those good things about her work ethic and persistence. Now there's a concrete pay-off for it which is wonderful. And what a relief to know she will have a job and not be laid off in Nov. Congrats!