Some Good News....Maybe....????

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
So, when difficult child ran away and was reported missing to local police, we also notified the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children...

The GOOD news is that the NCMEC offers family advocacy services, even after your children are found...and they have been in contact with us about getting some help for us, despite the roadblocks we are encountering with medicaid.

The advocates have been contacting folks in our areas to see if anyone will treat difficult child pro bono....and/or have a recommendation for a facility or service they can offer our family.

I feel kinda bad, though....a woman called today and I basically unloaded over the phone....and now I feel embarassed that I said so much. I guess it is just that I have become so accustomed to NOT being heard, that when someone does hear, my mouth goes overboard.

So I am hopeful that there will be a solution for us...

And embarassed that this poor woman must think I am a crazy person.

Keep your fingers crossed that I didn't "blow it" for difficult child!!!

--DaisyFace

DammitJanet

Dont be embarrassed. This is the way you may find services. Sometimes the best places are hidden and unknown to people except by word of mouth. I would have never found Corys Residential Treatment Center (RTC) unless he had been the state psychiatric hospital because they were the only ones who referred to it. It was a stroke of luck I even got him in to the state psychiatric hospital too. I had to throw a fit in our local ER and refuse to allow him to be discharged even when they were threatening to call the cops on me. I made them find him a psychiatric hospital and the state one was the first one they found with an opening and they kept telling me how horrible it was. I said I didnt care...it turned out it was one of the best I ever came across! LOL.

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Dont be embarrassed. This is the way you may find services. Sometimes the best places are hidden and unknown to people except by word of mouth. I would have never found Corys Residential Treatment Center (RTC) unless he had been the state psychiatric hospital because they were the only ones who referred to it. It was a stroke of luck I even got him in to the state psychiatric hospital too. I had to throw a fit in our local ER and refuse to allow him to be discharged even when they were threatening to call the cops on me. I made them find him a psychiatric hospital and the state one was the first one they found with an opening and they kept telling me how horrible it was. I said I didnt care...it turned out it was one of the best I ever came across! LOL.

Thanks, Janet!

This has definitely been a journey through "Oz"....only without the yellow brick road! I hope that somebody has the answers to share with us...
soon!

--DaisyFace

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I echo what Janet said. DO NOT BE EMBARRASSED!!! You need help, and you are reaching out to whomever will listen, plain and simple. I hope they are able to come through with something significant and do-able for your difficult child!

TerryJ2

Okay, fingers crossed. But since you're already embarrassed,:redface: I'm just crossing my fingers that you get help with-services ... :)

JJJ

I think that is a totally normal response. I know I've done it more than once. I hope they are able to get you services for her.

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
GCVMom--

Thanks! Yes, I guess on some level I worry that my actions may "jinx" things.

ML--

Yes, it's strange to go from feeling like I've been banging my head against a wall to suddenly finding a way through. It's hard to get out of "warrior mom" mode.

Terry--

Thanks! Cross whatever you can! Every little bit helps!!

jal

DaisyFace - I really hope this is the start you need. I know you have been hitting roadblocks wherever you go. Keeping good thoughts that this brings you the help you need!

Marguerite

You've been getting told for so long that it's all your imagination and tat you're nuts - so by being honest, you have the best chance of getting help for difficult child.

and if bychance you ARE nuts - then there will be help for you too!

The thing is, whichever way you look at it, difficult child isn't going to be able to slide by and say it's not her that's the problem. Because if it's you that's nuts and not her, then she will need counselling and support to help her cope.

So Worst Case Scenario - even if you feel you've said so much that they may think that "poor difficult child" is so desperate because of her nutty mother that she ran away - they will still put things in place for her.

But frankly, I think your openness only helped your case.

Marg

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Thank you, KTMom, jal, Sharon--

Thank you so much for thinking of us and keeping us in your thoguhts and prayers.

Marg--

Your response made me chuckle! Yes, I guess if it comes to that....I am more than willing to see my family get the help and support they need to deal with "my nutty behaviors" if that's what it's going to take to get us some relief!!!

Gee whiz! Have I really gotten that crazy??? I guess I wouldn't be surprised after all this...

--DaisyFace

Star*

call 911........call 911
Daisy,

I'm glad that you did what you did. Sometimes we're moved in directions that we just have no idea why we go that way for our children. Maybe it just felt right, maybe she had a sympathetic ear. Maybe you've had enough - maybe something she said caught enough of your attention that made you feel - SHE is the one that will help get what we need. Hard to tell. What is easy to tell is that you are a Mom that is dedicated to getting your daughter and family the help it needs, that you are not giving up, and you know you have the support of your friends/family here.

When I started in this with Dude? I felt embarrassed. Eventually I could talk about anything with anyone,and now will and do. There is no shame in mental health issues. Count the members here - we're not nuts, or crazy, or (okay speak for yourself Star weird) but...we just want to be heard and have our kids get help. We want the invisible disability to be seen. WE want our kids to be seen, and stopped being passed over - or "do your homework, stop eating candy bars, have dinner as a family and it will all be better." YEAH RIGHT. Come live with ME for a week. Not that easy.

So BRAVO Mom - whatever you do, or need to do? WE ARE SUPPORTING YOU. It just has to feel right for you....and then go for it. As far as being nutty? Well - at least they don't cover the phone yet and say "Get the director on the phone...it's HER." and pass you up the line as the "firey" one." :tongue: - ah but there's still time." lol - It was almost as if I'd won a prize....haha. :ashamed::tongue:

YOU SO TOTALLY ROCK WARRIOR MOM!!!!!

We're going to have to change your name from DAISY FACE to something like - MAD DOG or something....lol ;)