Some good thoughts for difficult child today please

mum2JK&TH

I mentioned in a previous post that difficult child made the track team. He has practiced hard and today is the big track meet.

Anxiety levels have been through the roof this past week. We have had many crying or anger episodes over nothing and Tuesday was a complete meltdown with him again trying to pull his face off, almost another trip to the ER.

He's scared he is going to grab the baton wrong and disqualify his team. He's worried he'll ruin it for his team...no pressure :smile: He knows the rules and he says he's always done it right so all we can do is tell him he'll be fine and that he knows what he needs to do so just go and have fun. He tried to fight with his sister this morning (she is on the track team too) so that he could say he didn't want to go because of her.

If you could spare some good thoughts for difficult child (and easy child) today it would be greatly appreciated. Funny how he's the goalie for his hockey team and does not worry like this :hammer: do these kids ever make sense??!!

Alisonlg

Poor difficult child! I'm sending loads of positive thoughts his way today (and easy child's way too!).

Let us know how the meet goes!!!

TerryJ2

Christine, I'm a day late and dollar short. How did it go? I hope everyone has calmed down and that things are going better today.

jannie

trying to survive....
Sending good wishes for a great track meet. Sorry he so stressed--that a lot of pressure for a difficult child. I'm glad he enjoys it so much though !!

mum2JK&TH

Thank you everyone! The meet went well he said :thumb: He told us that his relay team was 3rd and that he almost went outside the line but didn't, never said a word about the baton which was his biggest worry, go figure :hammer:. He was really pleased with himself and is now back to being his usual scattered, frazzled in the morning pain in the patootie, which is fine by me. easy child was 3rd in her race as well.

Tomorrow is his hockey tournament which oddly he never stresses about...I don't think he'll ever make sense :crazy:.

Thank you for all the well wishes, as always with this board, it worked :smile:

Dara

Since I missed good wishes for track here are good wishes for hockey! Hope it goes well and that he has a good time!! :thumb:

witzend

It's nice that he has found a sport to be involved in. I really like track and field. I'm glad it went well for him.