Some great news!

buddy

Keep the praying going guys.....

difficult child's public health nurse/case manager just called. She put in a request for my rent to be paid in full for December 1 because that will be the month that I will not have enough money to pay rent (will be missing half pay this time period then a full check gone the next if he stays a full two more weeks so by the time I need the money it wont be there)...

She said she alread talked to her supervisor and they said that they are almost postive it will be approved. Please Please Please... I hope they pull it off. I just can't believe she did that! Thank You, God and all my friends here too.

T

TeDo

If I had any more body parts to pretzel I would so I will just rattle harder and pray more!! Stay strong my friend!

InsaneCdn

Don't get too puffed up, though.
They are not doing this for YOU.
They do it because they don't want difficult child to be homeless...

HE gets stuff, not you. Not fair. But at least they recognize that some of what affects you, will affect him!

buddy

Don't get too puffed up, though.
They are not doing this for YOU.
They do it because they don't want difficult child to be homeless...

HE gets stuff, not you. Not fair. But at least they recognize that some of what affects you, will affect him!

Oh dont I know it. I actually said when I talked to her by phone, OK you said I could call if something like this happened and she said absolutely. She personally does care what happens and has known us for over 5 years. I have never asked for anything before. But the system agreed because of exactly what you said. I told her...if he comes out and I am not paid we will not have a home for him to come to. She said that was unacceptable and I guess I have had people drop the ball at that point, but I was just pleased she didn't. I didn't have to go anywhere to verify income or anything. To further prove your point... that is the whole reason he has the waiver he has anyway. This is a kid who actually would be very expensive to put in their care. He has a waiver that is over 90,000 because on a Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)-NB (neurobehavioral) waiver they up it to do anything to keep the person at home. And if I didn't stay home they know very well he would be in their care. I think this hospitalization will be a boost for keeping him on the waiver too. Our re-assessment is Nov 7th anyway so there is no question he still needs services. And the hospital. has said that he needs one on one...hard for anyone, even the school to argue with that if a whole building of behavior professionals think that! A requirement of course is that you have in home support/Integrated Listening Systems (ILS) programming and that is why it is so high. Most of the money goes for that. But who would say no to in home help. Fine by me. Any of you on the board wanna come and help too I am really ok with that too! SMILE! (heck, we live by the Mall of America! Largest mall in the USA... How cool would that be??)

Malika

Any of you on the board wanna come and help too I am really ok with that too! SMILE! (heck, we live by the Mall of America! Largest mall in the USA... How cool would that be??)

Well, no offense buddy, but for me that would not be an attractive part of the proposition :) Very glad your rent worries for the next couple of months are over and may your son come out of the hospital soon with the right medications.

Actually, I should revise that opinion (preconception) - out of interest, I just had a look at the Mall of America on the net and while the shops might personally leave me indifferent, both J and I would love the aquarium and the possibility of swimming with sharks! Do you take your boy there, buddy?

Last edited:

rejectedmom

It would be nice if they would do it for more than just one month but I know that you are happy to not have to worry about at least one. Holding good thoughts that it goes through! -RM

DammitJanet

I am very happy for you. I hope everything works out for you because I think you are doing such a wonderful job for your boy. You are such a devoted mom.

buddy

YES Malika! WE love the MOA (mall of america). The indoor amusement park is so great and he loves rides. It is nickelodian themed now (started out as "camp snoopy"). I dont shop much but since we can't go on vacations, I always save money to give us home vacation times...water parks, the mall, valley fair(outdoor amusement park) etc. Luckily except for the trip TO the event, he does well once there!

AND by the way.... What a shock! You dont want to take him on????? (LOL)

DammitJanet

Buddy, when I was out your way in, must have been 9/2000, we saw all those statues of the Snoopy's all over the place. Or were they all Peanut characters? I cant remember anymore. Are they still there?