Some positive doggie news

Fran

Former desparate mom
We stopped Honeysue's chemo since her cancer has spread to the lungs. It's 2 month later and she looks just fine. She isn't limping and is eating just fine. Still chases squirrels and knocks her brother around when he tries to get out the door first. LOL
We took her to the oncologist today. The x ray says that the tumors have not grown in the last 2 months. He said if its growing it is growing very slowly. :bigsmile:

We are starting her on 6 wks of oral chemotherapy. She is still terminal but she has already passed the 5 month point.(1 to 5 months is typical length of time from first limp to death) I'm hoping she will keep feeling well for a while longer. :angel:

(if I could figure how to do it, I would post a picture. She is such a sweetie)

mstang67chic

Going Green
How wonderful!!!!!

As for the picture......do you have a photobucket account? (they are free). If not......just go to photobucket.com and sign up. Then (assuming that you have a picture saved to your computer) click on upload and then when the box comes up, keep clicking on things till you get where the picture is and double click on the picture. (example......on mine I have to click on Becky since husband and I each have our own "sides" of the computer, then pictures)

Once you have the picture on photobucket....under the picture should be a bunch of links. Click on the one marked direct link and it will automatically copy. Come back here and paste it into your link.

Fran

Former desparate mom
Thanks mustang. I'll give it a try. You would think the I photo would be able to do it but it doesn't appear compatible. Of course, I'm not that advanced.

Last edited:

klmno

That's such good news- enjoy every minute!! I'm glad she is able to do her "fun" stuff - miracles do happen, you know!

donna723

Fran, I'm so glad that she is feeling well and that's she's doing better than expected. That's such great news. I love her name!

Fran

Former desparate mom
I photo(i phone, I pod etc) is on my laptop. I have an Apple so they have all sorts of do dads that I haven't taken the time to learn.

mstang67chic

Going Green
How beautiful!!! Although, I'm guess that their color makes them extra more fun in the spring time when it's nice and muddy! LOL

Honeysue is on the left?

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
She's so beautiful, Fran. You need to get her a couple of bracelets to adorn her beautiful shaven ankles. ;) It's such good news.

Suz

Fran

Former desparate mom
Thanks everyone.
Honeysue is shorter and fuller bodied and on the left. Cowboy (her littermate) is taller and leaner is on the rt.

Suz, my sister thought I put socks on HS. She didn't realize she had her shins shaved for the chemo.

Klmno, they are called Great Pyrenees Mountain Dogs. We got the two from rescue a year ago.

Mustang, they do get dirty but they are mostly indoors. They have grown to love a/c. They go out to patrol the perimeter and keep us safe from squirrels, crows and an occasional deer. They are working dogs and don't chase balls or do tricks. Very sweet, very calm. We love them to pieces.

Honey sue never met anyone she didn't love. Cowboy is a little more resistant to strangers.

Thanks again. I'm so happy that HS is doing well that I could keep from sharing.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Fran,
This is fantastic news! I've been saying a daily prayer for Honeysue. She is an absolutely beautiful dog, they both are!

busywend

This is great news! I love that she still pushed her brother out of the way to get outside. What a cutie!

I hope the medications continue to prolong Honeysue's life as I am sure it is a good life she has with a great doggy mommy!

Estherfromjerusalem

Fran, that is such good news. They are beautiful dogs. You can tell that they are well looked after and well loved -- they just look like that.

Miracles do happen. Hope you have Honeysue with you for a long time yet.

Love, Esther

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Fran I'm so glad to hear that the tumor appears to have stopped growing. She is such a beauty. Well, heck, they both are. I hope she continues to do well for a long time.

You made me get a pain in my heart for JoJo, the Great Pyrenees we took to a rescue due to lack of space. JoJo was such a loving wonderful dog/puppy and it broke our hearts to have to do it, but it was what was best for her.

Someday in the distant future when Molly and Rowdy have passed on, I just may add another GP to the family. Such fabulous dogs.

:D

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I can't see her picture from here, but that is great news, and I look forward to seeing her picture tonight. Another lovely breed.