Someone Came Home From School In A Mood

greenrene

Bunny, I've seen your description of your easy child before in your sig... it makes me smile. My easy child 1 is 9 (almost 10, yikes!) and is also the light of my life. What a study in opposites - he is an absolute joy on a daily basis, so loving, so sweet, so kindhearted. I gotta say that this kid has single-handedly saved my sanity. difficult child was 5 when he was born and had been living with us for 2 1/2 years, long enough for the pipe dream of turning her around to almost die. My parenting confidence was in the gutter. Because of my upbringing and also because of the awful issues with difficult child, I was terrified of having a child of my own. However, I instantly bonded with that little squirmy bundle of joy, and raising him has been both a joy a lifesaver. I truly don't know where I'd be if it weren't for him.

Just thought I'd share. I hope this evening gets better for you.

Bunny

He definitely seemed to cool off after he was home for a while, so that is a good thing.

Greene, I know this sounds terrible, but after difficult child was born I said I was never having any more kids ever again. difficult child was colicky and cried constantly. husband was anything but helpful. Never got up to do any of the middle of the night feedings. Never gave the baby a bath. Would always find something else that that he needed to be doing when he needed to be fed. You get the idea. I remember fighting with him about it and he told me that he was having more kids and my response to him was, "Then you need to divorce me and find another wife because I'm not doing it!!"

Eventually, I said that I would agree to try to get pregnant. When I found out I was pregnant, I have to be honest when I say I wasn't happy about it. All through my pregnancy I wasn't sure if I really wanted to have another pregnancy, but after he was born I just fell in love with him. We've had the usual ups and downs that other parents have (ugh! potty training!) but he is definitely the one person on this house that keeps me sane. Like my signature says, I truly thank God every day for that child. He's special.