Someone sever my right hand.

Abbey

Spork Queen
I swear, if I went in for a manicure, she/he would run away screaming.

I have cardboard cuts all over. I've tried different methods of opening boxes, but in the end you get the cut. Gloves, knives, etc. It's 100X worse than a paper cut.

Now, toss in a nice bird bite from a week ago and a good size burn from taking a chicken out of the oven a few days ago and hit the top element...oh, than there's the carpul tunnel thing. It tingles so I scratch during the night, hence a nice rash from my thumb to my wrist.

Oh, I forgot - my nails have been shaved past the quick by opening those damn boxes every day. I look like I've been in a good bar fight.:tongue:

Abbey

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Have you tried wearing the latex/non-latex surgical style gloves?

Keeping your skin hydrated helps keep it from tearing/cutting so easily from the boxes -- at least that works for me.

Star*

call 911........call 911
I'd just get someone else to open the boxes for me......

-----You!........BOY.........open this!

NOW.

And if my bird had bit me like that? I wouldn't be taking chicken out of the oven. :surprise:

Abbey

Spork Queen
I'd rip through latex in 10 minutes. I found some thin cotton ones with the grippy pad, but they prevent me from taking these darn little stickers off displays when they are empty. Believe me, the grey stickers are HUGE here. It's almost like a badge of honor.

Star - no boy in sight. I'm the youngest of the crew. They say they can't get young people to work. haha...imagine that.

Abbey

mstang67chic

Going Green
I'm not sure if this would work in your situation but....

Back in the day, I worked in a factory winding coils for....yeah...the name of the things escape me at the moment. The coils went into these longish rectangular metal boxes that were used for flourescent lights.

:slap:

Anyhoo.....because the wire would dig into our fingers as we started a new coil and worked with it, we would wrap our fingers in this tape like stuff. (I'm so freaking helpful aren't I? LOL) I think it's similar to the horse tape and sports tape I've seen mentioned here. Ours was about the width of medical tape (1/2 inch or so) and wasn't adhesive backed but stuck to itself. It's grippy so you wouldn't have to worry about your fingers slipping and you could always leave a fingernail or two uncovered to get those stickers off.

I KNOW the name of this stuff....the name for it is escaping me too. *siiiiiiiiiiigh*

That might help though.

As for the bird bite....don't feel bad. My mom had a parakeet that would get her so much she looked like she had scabies. Hands, arms, neck....wherever that bird could reach, he'd get.