Something I have never understood about my difficult children.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
LOL - I've been known to go off on stuff like that pre-coffee!!! And after the first cup? All is, if not well, not quite so dramatic.

AHF

So good to read this thread. We are dealing with this exact situation (again and again) right now. Just yesterday I gave Peter Pan the word: finishing off the milk and juice for your post-midnight snack and leaving all the dirty plates around is a DEAL BREAKER. The deal being that in my house, whatever other issues he has, he must show respect for us and for the household. So today I have to follow through. He may or may not have another place to go tonight, but I actually feel I must toss him out for having drunk all the OJ and left a melted-cheese-covered plate on the kitchen table. Feels like such a minor infraction, but I agree--the dysfunction, the inability to see other people as people and not as servants or robots, is major. And meanwhile my energy is so very low because of dealing with him that I dread the explosion that will come when he learns I mean business. A lot of the difficulty, I think, has simply to do with energy. That's why we rely on caffeine!

busywend

I put this in the self aware category. It might not be themselves that are affected, but they need to think about how their actions affect others. Oddly, my difficult child learned this from living with roommates. I think it had to happen to her enough before it sunk in.

I know it seems like a game, but maybe taking her shampoo from her will help her learn the lesson.
Oh and be sure you get angry at her when she shows her anger.