Something is Up

S

Signorina

Failure to appear could have activated it?

But I am not sure I am following you...

In 2009, he was charged in OH for committing a crime in OH but he was living in MO at the time since 2002?

I've also only caught bits of the history...but IIRC M has a history of child sexual abuse? Which I do not believe has a statute of limitations. Perhaps someone began pursuing something in 2009 that actually happened earlier?

grasping...

KTMom91

Something is definitely up...hope you can figure it out soon. Hugs and prayers that the kids are all right wherever they're staying.

JJJ

(((Hugs))) I think you have a good plan to follow Alex home. Be prepared to have a very freaked out foster mom; if it is a foster home, do you have a plan? will you actually approach the foster parent or just call CPS and ask for visitation?

Hopeless

....Hopeful Now
Hope you get some answers on Friday. Heck I would even drive down to your area and be the driver with my car so no one would recognize you :)

dashcat

Oh, I wasn't suggesting you pick them up. Just be at the door at dismissal. After thinking about it, it probably is not a good idea. As to following him home, if he is in foster care, he might be a walker or ride a different bus. You need an informant in the school ... a kid, another parent ... there's got to be someone who can ask a few discreet questions on your behalf.

Check the police blotter of your local paper. Most have online archives. Nothing with CPS would be in there, but drugs, drunk and disorderly and DV would. You might come up with something on M at least.

If you do find the kids are in foster care, got to CPS and try to get visitation. Even if you can't (and I hope you can), Nichole or easy child might be able to.

I really hope everything turns out ok.

Dash

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Oh sorry, guess I didn't make it clear on the bus thing.

We're going to their normal bus stop to see if the kids get off at the apartment complex. Then we'll go knock on the door, be tough for katie because kids will know we're there. (if they do get off the bus) Nichole plans to apologize to katie in hopes she'll let the kids come to thanksgiving dinner. Of course if the kids don't get off the bus it's all moot.

Unknown to me nichole has been watching the blotter and her mother in law works for the paper.

I am toying with the idea of calling biomom at the shelter in st louis. Not mentioning a thing about what is going on, especially about reporting it. Just telling her I haven't heard from katie in 5 wks and I'm concerned and worried about her and the kids. Biomom blabs everything, if katie has said anything at all she'll tell me. She might or might not be mad depending on the story she's been told, but she'll tell me. Then I have to weigh what she tells me with what I know. And it takes forever to get her back off the phone. So I'm not anxious to go there.

Signorina, the katie saga is complicated at best. In 2000 she came to live with us. Kayla was a few months old and she was pregnant with alex. They'd been living on the street (literally) since before kayla was born. She claimed M was abusive and she was afraid of him, hence the dv charges and OP and no visitation. But actually, she just didn't want to be on the streets during another winter and pregnant. M had secretly come WITH her and was staying in a homeless shelter one county over. We discovered that for certain after alex was born. (had suspected shortly after she arrived) After much drama, she took off in 2002 and eventually returned to MO. We had no contact with her at all until 2008 when she found Nichole on myspace. She moved back here in Oct 2010. Does that help some? Much more detail would turn into a book.

Which is why the child abuse on the docket for 2009 grabbed my attention. To my knowledge, they were not here in 2009. I don't see how they could be in two places at once.

I do dare to hope that someone is looking into things and that has been what has triggered this to pop up suddenly. These kids are long over due for something to work in their favor.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I just had a thought. You know, due to this estate thing, I have a lawyer working for me. Would it be a really bad idea to ask her maybe to unofficially ask and see if either the police or cps are investigating? If its' a bad idea, I'll keep my mouth shut. But that just popped into my head.

susiestar

Roll With It
This is the type of thing that you have a lawyer for - dealing with legal things. So of course ask the lawyer if she can find out anything.

As for the 2009 thng, it could be that they got a request for info from CPS in MO and that triggered something to be filed in the courts related to things they did in OH in the past. Or it could be that it was supposed to have been filed in the past and an audit caught it and it is entered now. Or it was a mistake, someone with a similar name. I have less than zero faith in the accuracy of records in OH after they gave someone else my social security number and then insisted that I had to pay the fine if I wanted to matter cleared up. HE wouldn't pay it and they wouldn't go after HIM, but they watned to put ME in JAIL for 16 hrs for it if I didn't want to pay them. I wasn't in that state at the time,and could PROVE it. I had proof from the fed govt that it iwas MY number and had been since I was born. I actually have never even been in the city he got the ticket in, but it was MY problem anyway.

So it could be a mistake. But it would take a boatload of proof for me to believe that about M. A BIG boatload. More likely he had a chance to do some deal or they found he had sold soemthing to someone here and it paid enough to make bringing it here himself worthwhile. If he is doing what I suspect with Kayla, there is HUGE $$ in that even if you are an idiot. He could have been caught doing something like that. Others might help him get out and leave town if they thought he mght say something. If so, he will rot in hades for eternty plus a lot more centuries.

DammitJanet

What did the thing say about 2009.

is it a warrant out for his arrest for something that happened in OH in 2009 or is it showing a conviction that happened in OH in 2009 but it doesnt show when the actual crime was committed. In actuality, if he was arrested back in 02 before they left, and he didnt have the case taken care of back then, it could still have been on the books years later. If they happened to come back into OH and get stopped and a cop ran his name, they may have arrested him and put him in jail for however long the sentence was and Katie just hid from you guys not wanting you to know. They may have been attempting to get to you.

Just speculating.

CrazyinVA

Staff member
Sometimes a crime committed in a previous year, isn't charged until much later. This happened to someone I know, they committed the crime in 2008, but they weren't charged until 2010. So, that could explain a date discrepancy as well. It depends on what the docket says, exactly. Here, you see an "offense date," an "arrest date," and a "file date." They can be pretty far apart, and of course the court dates can drag on even longer. So, you could be seeing something that he did while he lived there, but wasn't charged with until later, after he'd moved away. What does the docket say the outcome was for the case?

I think asking the lawyer to do some digging is a good idea.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Lisa, ask your lawyer but after a quick look-see... It looks like file cleanup. :sigh: Every so often they audit the ones who still have outstanding costs.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
The update:

Nichole remembered that the upper parking lot of the complex reaches around so that you're sitting at the top of the hill overlooking katie's apartment. Reasonable she knew this and I didn't, the kids spent many years playing on that hill. So, that's where she chose to park. Unobstructed view. And we waited.

The apartment looked as it has every time we've gone there. We we actually surprised when the front door opened. M stepped out, locked the door and looked straight up at us. Then headed down toward the bus stop. And we continued to wait a few minutes. Then I told Nichole there was little sense in waiting because obviously they still have the kids. As we're driving away....she thought she saw him turn to the path to the store on the other side of the apartments. So she stopped to wait and see.......but he headed on up to the bus stop. So we went to leave, but traffic at that time a day on that road is thick. We got stuck in the drive waiting to get out. easy child called my cell and asked what was happening. I explained, and she said she was on her way to walmart and we'd meet up at my house so the grands could play. We got a break in traffic and Nichole pulled out.......she was going to park in the hotel across from the complex just to actually see the kids......but traffic was awful and he was obviously standing at the stop.

I get another call from easy child on my cell and she's like hey, did you just pass me? Turns out she got stuck behind the school bus (the kids bus) on the way to walmart. So.......she watch the kids get off the bus, then went and parked where Nichole and I had just left to make sure it was all 3 kids and watch them go into the apartment.

I told Nichole it's the last stake out she gets to go on with me. When one is trying to be sneaky, one does not stand outside the car rocking a fussy baby........:sigh: Especially when you're in clear view of the people you're staking out. Honestly, I hope it makes her nervous as hades that we're watching her.

So. Isn't that just grand.

At first I was livid that she put on that whole song and dance that was just yet again (of course) another bald face lie. Ok, so we knew he hadn't gone anywhere, we're not quite that stupid. But there is a difference in "knowing" and sort of having it shoved in your face.

Nichole wanted to go down and knock on the door. I said no. I'd bought the card to send the thanksgiving invite. I'm going to invite 3 children. Not their parents.

This had my girls very confused. Ok, it had me confused for a bit too. I mean I was prepared to do the fake nicey nice in order to be able to watch out for the grands. We knew we were being ignored. So? Why the sudden change?

Well, I'm not sure I can put it into words so someone who hasn't been abused can understand it. But watching M walk out of that apartment today after what he did, what she knew he did.......That she did not care at all about what he did, that her kids mean nothing to her........

I'm not sure it will ever be safe for me to be around her again.

We all agree M is a pathetic human being, a pervert with some severe mental issues that he should never be about children. Yet even this vile pathetic man can get up in the morning and make his kids breakfast, make sure their dress, walk them to and from the bus stop........ect. Katie does nothing for her kids, not even the most minor things. That alone is bad enough. That she is abusive is horrid. That she could care less enough to protect them from someone like M, in my opinion puts her into a category of evil.

And trust me, there is plenty of evil in this world.

So I can't invite her to anything. My hands would be around her neck as soon as she was within arms length. Just the thought of having her near me makes me want to vomit. And yes, while I was pretty darn sure of this already.........I needed to physically see it with my own eyes in order to have no doubt.

I'm sitting here tonight deciding if I should invite the 3 kids to the holiday and just leave her out. I'm trying to decide if it's possible for me to do that without ending up in jail. Because I'd have to go get them, which means there is high chance I'd probably get too close to her or him, and I'd at the very least wind up in jail. And this time having children around would not reign me in.

I will freely admit I get a little crazy when it comes to protecting children from this sort of evil. And the threat of jail is not a deterrent.

But there is still the slim hope an investigation is underway. Very slim. But until I talk with the officer or have the lawyer check......that hope is still alive and kicking. And I have to do my best not to muck that up.

Regardless, I have to stay away from those two, because I'll act without thinking.

buddy

You certainly have a right to your feelings. That is simpy horrid. I think you are wise to just keep far far distance. Not even sure it is good to invite the kids at this point. If you want them, can your other kids do the job?

take care, buddy

H

HaoZi

Private investigators are expensive, so... does Travis happen to have a hacker friend or know some computer person that does? Maybe be able to get some evidence to get a genuine investigation off to a running start?

bby31288

Is there a chance that Katie has run but M has stayed? You saw M and the 3 grands...but did you see Katie? Kinda has me worried.

Elsieshaye

Is there a chance that Katie has run but M has stayed? You saw M and the 3 grands...but did you see Katie? Kinda has me worried.

I was thinking this as well.

I'm sorry, Hound Dog. I really get what you mean about the difference between "knowing" and having it shoved in your face. It really hurts to have the hope that it somehow might be different this time trampled.

H

HaoZi

Or it's been staged to look like she ran.
*cues spooky music and hopes she's wrong*

buddy

Well, I was wondering not if she ran but if he did something. Did you see her?

I am so sorry she is doing this to you again.