Something is Up

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Didn't see katie at all. But that's not unusual. M does everything for the kids. Only odd thing was that he locked the apartment door. But then they're both a tad paranoid (wonder why) so even that really didn't send up a red flag.

Katie would go nowhere without him. So no. I don't believe she's ran. Besides, M can't cash Alex's disability checks due to his felony.

We've discovered various alt accts for fb, twitter......and are searching through myspace because I'm sure they are there. I'll continue to print and file until M messes up again.

I'm going to go ahead and mail the card with the invite written inside. She's not going to accept. She may be a sociopath, but she's also the world's biggest coward. And she's not going to let the kids come alone because what if they slip or we question them and they're honest? Yeah. But going to send it anyway. They pick the mail up when they pick the kids up. I won't put a return address on it so it will be opened. Kids will see it......and even if she lies, kayla is not stupid.

If she does accept........well I'll tackle that bridge if it comes up.

H

HaoZi

Could one of (I think it's) easy child's kids hand it to Kayla or Alex at school? Maybe a second invite, to be sure, in addition to mailing one.

DammitJanet

Something more is up Lisa. blinds move. you should see the kids walking to the bus or see someone going to the mailbox. You saw M going somewhere but you havent seen a glimpse of katie at all in all this time. Not even a shadow. She has to come out of that house at some point. Alex's check shouldnt be coming on a "check" at all. It should be on a card. They dont send checks anymore. Either it goes into a bank account or onto a debit card. Very very rarely do they use the paper checks and mostly that is for people who are elderly and just dont trust banks and have been getting the checks forever. People younger they get set up with the debit cards.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
We did see the kids Janet. Well, easy child watched them walk into the apartment with M. And yeah, I still think something is up. But I also know katie spends 99 percent of her time in bed and the 1 percent she IS up, well she doesn't go outside unless forced to do so.

And yeah, I did forget about the debit card thing. Shows you where my mind is cuz husband got his that way.

I'll ask easy child about sending a card via sister in law's little sister.....but it would go to alex, who would have to have kayla read it to him. That might not be a bad idea afterall.

buddy

so you think she is just hold up in her bed? He wouldn't have hurt her? that is good. I hope you can get the card to them. sounds like you are realistic about how it will go.

janet, funny thing, I get Q's subsidy by direct deposit, but the tiny county he was adopted from pays their part in a check, I always think it is funny to get a check these days....

dashcat

Lisa,
This is not sitting well with me. I am normally not the paranoid type and, while I know you know Katie and M's MO better than I do ... I am very concerned that you've not seen her. The combination of the blinds being up (when she always kept them tightly closed AND her not being seen raises a red flag with me. I'm not saying she's not there .. I'm not saying M harmed her ... I'm just saying that something is really not right here. Is it possible for somebody - anybody - to approach M or the kids?
Dash

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Not that I know of. Nichole's bff will be moving right near her in the near future. But I won't ask her to approach and risk (even if it might not be a huge risk) putting her in danger from M, should he feel threatened.

This is going to come out sounding cold hearted as heck, but unless he's taken her life, I'm not that worried about it. I honestly believe the dv stuff has been an ongoing lie. I could be wrong.......But I highly doubt M is enough of an actor to put on a show for me as long as he did about doting to her every whim. Not so much as the grumbling under his breath you get when 2 people have been together that long. She says do it, and he does, no hesitation. Now I know abusive males can come off that way........but I also know what behaviors to watch for that are subtle and other than the knife sharpening thing....I didn't really get anything. The man tries to be manipulative for sure, but unless you're as stupid as a rock, it's just too obvious.

And if she is beaten severely and holed up in the bedroom, there isn't one darn thing I could do about it. She wouldn't leave him, she wouldn't even say he did it. She's hiding, but she's hiding from US.

H

HaoZi

I don't think that sounds cold, I think it sounds realistic and based in personal knowledge of the people and situations involved.

InsaneCdn

Lisa,
There is so much history here, and no way that I'll ever keep it all straight... and I know that M's no angel, far from it.
But, just wondering out loud here... any chance that some investigation was done and the major problem is actually Katie rather than M? As in, M's having to look after the kids and the appointment and everything, and Katie is in lock-up somewhere?

I'm thinking like this...
- blinds... a fellow might not bother, where a gal would be touching those blinds...
- facebook stuff - what if K was posting on HIS acct?
- what if lots of other stuff over the years is made up?

I don't know. Just... things are not always what they seem to be, and I think you'll agree that in this case, NOTHING is what it seems to be.

{{hugs}}
I don't like mysteries at the best of times, but... its worse in real life.

L

Liahona

I truly believe there is a special hell for those that hurt kids. Sometimes its just easier to take the kids and run. (Not saying that is feasible here, but its tempting.)

donna723

Lisa, I was thinking somewhat along the same lines as InsaneCdn, that maybe some problem has come up with Katie, not M. It's just so strange that her Facebook is inactive and her phone messages are piling up! Just thinking outloud here ... is there any way that she could have been caught trying to pull a fast one with the government assistance somehow and was arrested? Do they even put people in jail for that? And I remember back when they were still living in the motel room and you said she would stay in bed all day taking lots of Rx medications because of her various "ailments"? Could she be doing that again?

And the sad fact of it is, as dispicable and revolting as M is, if he wasn't there, who would make sure that those kids were fed and who would make sure that they were ready for school in the morning and get them on the school bus? Certainly not their mother! It's just a sad, sad situation no matter how you look at it.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I dunno about the possibility of katie being locked up. I suppose anything is possible. Although she's managed to keep her fanny clean by blaming everything on M thus far. And if you saw M once, you'd understand why that works so well.

And I dunno if the govt would bother with charges for pulling a fast one or not. I know right now due to budgets it seems they're watching things more closely. BUT where we are? Probably 2/3's of the people are working the system so that would be a lot of people to go through before getting to her. I do know when Nichole signed up for govt assistance she had no bank acct. When she got one she never thought to report it...........and when she brought it up to her cw the woman told her not to worry. You can give them your acct but legally they can't see how much you have. Now I'm not sure how true that is either but that's what she was told. (she hadn't done anything wrong except not report it cuz there was never any real funds in it, money passed through to pay her bills is all)

Most likely she's in bed drugged up on whatever she could get her hands on whether street drugs or OTC medications.

And yeah, those poor kids are scr*wed no matter which way you look at it.