Sometimes two decent people cant get along

BusynMember

There is no blame. It just is.

We cant even always be harmonious with all loved ones. This doesnt mean....me good...other person bad. It doesnt mean no love either.

Two great folks can be toxic to one another due to personality differences.

And thats okay.

This is most painful if it is your child.

Californiablonde

I agree. I am trying to get this through to my democrat and republican friends. You should see how mean and nasty they are to each other. No one is better than the other. I try and stay out of it, as I'm an independent. Anyway, I am always so surprised how seemingly nice people can argue over the most petty things.

BusynMember

I see why some people are upset this election ;) but I dont bring it up.

I am thinking of people who should theorotically get along, like family. But family members are only human and nice people sometimes too different to get along.

BusynMember

Interestingly, on the election front I am with both grown girls today and I mentioned that somebody we all know voted for a certain person. Both girls made shocked and disgusted faces and Princess said "That changes what I think about her completely." This is verbatim.

I think some people see one candidate as somebody who is bigoted and uncarimlng, whether true or not...this was a divisive election. And.people do tend to think more strongly about it than any other election in my lifetime.

I do think its best not to discuss politics and religion in public. Stick to sports and the weather ,) Well, even sports can be contentious, at least if you like the Vikings or Bears and live in Wisconsin!